What's new

KILL BILL: The multiple versions thread (6 from Miramax; Japanese, SEs, etc.) (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Ugh!
That's what I've been waiting for since this thread started.
Might as well wait for the HD. Maybe Miramax will be laying off the excessive digital processing by then.

Can I assume that there still has been no word on future releases of Kill Bill on DVD?

I sure would like to get my hands on an extended, unrated, S.E. treatment of both films (sigh...).

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'll go buy copies of both tomorrow. That way we'll surely get an announcement within a week...

-paul

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I sold my Japanese version. DVD thinking this one was on the front burner. I just went and reordered it the other day so now I am prepared for the announcement of a new uncut region 1 release.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is I'm glad I purchased the current discs (at a good price) as I've watched them several times already and got my money's worth as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure I'll be viewing them again before they ever get re-released.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Everytime I see them come up in a 2@20 or 3@30 ad I'm tempted to pick them up. But, dammit, I'm holdin' firm!

The wait is excruciating at times. I mean, I bought my widescreen tv in anticipation of this coming out in AUGUST!

-paul

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have also been waiting for a deluxe release since the movies came out. I'm sure the Weinsteins will want to make it the centerpiece of whatever form the DVD unit of their new company takes. I just wish it would hurry up.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I know this is a bit off topic, but I cannot remember. Do the Weinsteins get to bring their old Miramax films (such as Kill Bill) with them to their new company or does Disney maintain the rights?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I believe it was handled on a case-by-case basis, but the Weinsteins are definitely taking the Kill Bill films with them.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I have yet to see these movies but I probably will pick up the current ones since no SE looks to be coming anytime soon.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
IIRC:

"Kill Bill" Vol 1 & 2 stay with Disney and Miramax, where as "Kll Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair" (Part's 1 and 2 edited together into one movie, with the "House Of Blue leaves" segment in color, and other little bits, premered at Cannes this year.) is controlled by Tarantino, who is going to release it through the Weinsteins new company into art houses, and than into a deluxe DVD release. I think COMING SOON.net reported this way back in the spring, but I could be mistaken.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
WTF?! From what it sounds like this is something anyone can do in ten minutes. After the last scene, but before the credits, slap in an Intermission card. Remove the opening credits from the second movie and there you go. This is going to take him six months to do?

So, it'll be late in 2007 before we see the SE release of KB. Screw it. Next 2@$20 sale comes up I'm caving in.

-paul

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
You might as well wait for the HD release which according to screenshots I've seen is vastly superior to the half-assed transfers we got on the dvds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks