What's new

Kill Bill Dvd 2/3 04 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
WOOHOO!!!!!!!

We should expect this one to be relatively bare-bones. I can't wait for Quentin's jacked up DVD set :) . A four month theater to DVD release window eh? They're getting shorter and shorter everyday.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I was hoping for the DVD release to included both Volumes. Maybe later?
Oh most definetly! There are interviews everywhere that hint that there will be several multiple releases. Here are my guesses.

-Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2: Separate bare-bones releases
-Kill Bill: The two volumes edited together becoming one massive epic
-Kill Bill: The Jacked Up Edition: This one will probably have a boatload of extras. It might include the Japanese version?

This is the most anticipated DVD release day ever for me. Kill Bill and Lost in Translation on the same day!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I liked this movie. Think I'll borrow the first edition, and hold out on purchase until one of the box sets.

Gotta cut down on double-dips (and DVD's in general :frowning: )

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'll be at Best Buy when they open
I'll see you there Rob. :) I'm setting aside $40 for this day.

By the way, it's kind of hard to read your posts and not look at your signature at the same time. I want to enter Volume 2 with a clean slate. Some other people might feel the same way. But do whatever with your sig.

Mike-McG

Grip
I'm not so sure that the initial release will be bare bones. I've read in a magazine (either Cinescape or Empire) that he's going to do something like LOTR with no duplicate extras. So the first release will likely have some extras, although surely will not be as packed as the eventual boxset that will come later.

I'm also hoping for the Japanese version to be included on the later release!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm hoping for a LOTR type release too, with a seperate release for 1 and 2, with some extras, than a big Expanded/ Directors cut release with tons of extras, and the Japanese cut being joined to part 2 like it was meant to be seen.

I think I'll hold off on buying the single discs, and pick them up used, seeing as it's pretty much a given that a deluxe set well come out.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Pathetic.

Splitting the film in 2 for the theatres was bad enough, but doing the same for the DVD release is ridiculous.

So when exactly did Tarantino become a sellout?

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
January and February are adding up already. The Planet of the Apes: 35th Anniversary Edition comes out the same day as Kill Bill.

Pathetic. Splitting the film in 2 for the theatres was bad enough, but doing the same for the DVD release is ridiculous. So when exactly did Tarantino become a sellout?
Well, no one is forcing you to buy Volume One on DVD. Wait for a SE of both parts which is bound to come. Some of us might want to enjoy Kill Bill Vol 1 in the comforts of our home theater before seeing Vol 1 :)

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Volumes I & II will run at least four hours total so even if Tarantino decided to wait and release both together as one film it would have to spilt up over two discs or be a flipper so it might as well be separate releases with different bonus material.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Excellent. I'll be buying every version of this, including the Japanese cuts. Well, except for the foolscreen ones of course.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Was the Kill Bill movie a success on the big sreen?(meaning was it a blockbuster? or just a moderate hit?). I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I think I'll wait until the SE edition comes out.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Was the Kill Bill movie a success on the big sreen?(meaning was it a blockbuster? or just a moderate hit?).
I think it's mostly regarded as a moderate hit (solely in "box office" terms). It was #1 at the box office its first week but it only took in $22m. I think the total gross in the USA for the flick right now is around $60m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks