What's new

Kids in the Hall-Same Guys, New Dresses-Will it ever see release? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
I've got to see this film! I'm a huge Kids in the Hall fan, and I'd love to see this film. Is there any chance of a theatrical/video/straight to video release?
Reading about it on the IMDB is driving me nuts-it's got great reviews, and sounds fantastic, not to mention, it'd be so cool to catch the Kids doing some of the old skits now-like a musician preforming their classic songs, not to mention, a few new ones!
I'd give anything to see this (even if it was on VHS!). Surely I'm not alone. Who owns this?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
A few of the exceptionally kind folks at alt.tv.kids-in-hall have volunteered to dupe copies. I'm sure you'll get a few offers if you post a message there.
I'm not aware of any plans for a VHS/DVD release, though.
frown.gif

------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I too am a big Kids in the Hall fan. I would like Brain Candy on DVD as well, I own it on VHS, but as we all know that simply won't do. I didn't know there was another movie out. I want to see it badly now.
-Brad "My marrow's low" W.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Kids in the Hall-Same Guys, new Dresses is not a theatrical film.
It is a comedy special that aired on the CBC Canadian TV network last month...it was made for television, although it did receive a few one-time-only screenings at comedy festivals.
American viewers should keep an eye out for airings on Comedy Central and other such channels...that's where you are most likely to see it.
[Edited last by Bill McA on October 23, 2001 at 12:33 AM]

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there a Dave Foley movie directed by David Steinberg a few years back that was supposed to be released by Touchstone (The Wrong Guy or something like that)? I would have thought his career would have taken off more after NewsRadio and A Bug's Life.
Looking forward to Bruce McCulloch's "Stealing Stanford" with Jason Lee and (ugh) Tom Green. I read the script last year for work and it was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
The Wrong Guy was apparently only given a theatrical release in Canada (it's a Canadian movie).
I thought it was quite funny!
McCulloch can be currently seen in cable series Further Tales of the City and Foley can be seen (to poor effect) in this Friday's dismal theatrical release, On The Line

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks