What's new

Kidnapped ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
What does everyone know about this? As I understand, only the pilot aired so far. Any rebroadcasts? Any other episodes? First time I saw a commercial last night, at first I thought it was for the movie RANSOM, since I saw Delroy Lindo and the character seemed like his in that movie.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
OK, according to IMDB the pilot or frst episode, (maybe they're not one and the same), aired on 8/5/2006.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

That was when the Pilot was made available on Netflix. I got to see it that way.

No episodes have aired so far.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Kidnapped" - Not sure how they'll sustain a season-long cat-n-mouse storyline of getting the son of rich man (Timothy Hutton playing Conrad) back from his kidnappers, but Conrad has "freelance-kidnap-victim-recoverer" Knapp (Jeremy Sisto of Six Feet Under's, Billy) on the case, but the FBI have also stuck their noses into the fray (with Delroy Lindo leading the way for the FBI on his supposed last week on the job).

Someone on IMDB liken the show to a cross between "Ransom" and "Spartan", and I can see that comparison.

But after all is said and done, any show featuring the delectable Dana Delaney (mother of the kidnapped boy, Leopold) will find a spot on my ReplayTV. She looks amazing at 50.

I found this pilot much more compelling than Fox's "Vanished".

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It would make no sense to air the pilot Aug 5 & no more episodes til Sept.

Yes, that was the day the DVD came out, with Studio 60, which was more heavily advertised. Kidnapped was almost like a bonus feature.

You didn't miss anything.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I only watched this because I enjoyed Jeremy Sisto so much in 'Six Feet Under'. It was okay, but I'm not sure I'll continue to watch. I agree with Patrick - I don't see how they can sustain this one case over an entire season, and as much of a fan I am of season-long story arcs, I'm thinking this one would have worked better as a "one case per show" formula. I may give it one more try because I do like the cast.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I know it hasn't aired yet. As for other than DVD rental, there are other ways that can't be discussed on this forum.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I got the DVD rental for 'Studio 60...' and 'Kidnapped' happened to be on there.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention, what do the producers and writers to if this show is picked up for a second season? Will the show just be a series long search, just like The Fugitive?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I might give this show a look. I am a huge Dana Delany fan. Of course, she will only be in this season. As I understand, the kidnapping will be solved at the end of the season, and there will be another kidnapping next season, assuming it lasts that long.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Any encore showings? I missed the first half, just saw this and started the recording now.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
How long do they leave it up there? I will probably watch tonight with my wife, if it is still up.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Just watched some of this on the NBC site. Looks like there is an uncredited Doug Hutchison in this. You only see him for a few brief lines, a couple times.

Actually, I did see Doug's name listed in the opening credits. But he is uncredited over at IMDB, both in the Kidnapped listing as well as his own filmography listing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not a bad 2nd episode. The best part of this show is the acting from the group of actors, without getting the feeling that the characters are being underwritten while also pushing the larger kidnapping arc in the same episode while concentrating on the older daughter's kidnap/rescue.

Users who are viewing this thread