What's new

Kiddy barrier for your SVS or Hsu tube subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Hi Jerome,

As for rattling, I have not detected rattling. The problem here is that those with kiddy guards aren't likely to cause much rattling in the first place. But here are the "design features" that minimize rattling:

* the wire mesh is stapled every 3-5 inches or so; it can not rattle (I think).
* the mesh doesn't begin until above the spaced area at the bottom of SVS; ie it does not begin until the cloth does so it is not down there to block moving air. The kiddy guard does not extend above the sub either.
* the squishy insulation block is another cushioner.
* the only contact with the sub is the wood against fabric (very light pressure, or next to none, dep on you setup), so no hard surfaces contacting each other.

While others who pound hard or who don't staple the mesh down may have different experiences, keep in mind that many folks report that the SVS makes glasses shake in distant rooms. Considering all that may have to be taken account of on that score, the kiddy barrier is but one. Try other things too to reduce possible problems. Perhaps a thin layer of felt between the mesh and the wood dowels (hey, why didn't I think of that!)

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks