What's new

Kenwood VR-6050 question (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have this receiver and if so can you help me with this. It says in the manual that if you are hooking up a piece of equipment to the digital In's that you have to use Video 2 for your Video Input? Is this correct and if so how is that possibe. There is 3 Digital In's on the Receiver and no way to hook up 3 devices to the Video 2 jack. This is my friends receiver and I am trying to help him via e-mail but I am not to familar with the 6050. What he is trying to do is hook his Sony DVD Player to the Optical Input on the Receiver Labeled DVD/CD and then S-Video from the DVD Player to the DVD-In on the Receiver. But he says he gets no picture, but when he switches it to Video 2 he gets a picture. Weird isn't it.

Vin

Supporting Actor
What he is trying to do is hook his Sony DVD Player to the Optical Input on the Receiver Labeled DVD/CD and then S-Video from the DVD Player to the DVD-In on the Receiver. But he says he gets no picture, but when he switches it to Video 2 he gets a picture. Weird isn't it.
Steve,

Is it possible that you misunderstood him (or maybe I'm misunderstanding you) and what he is actually saying is:

when selecting the CD/DVD input from the receiver he gets no video from his DVD player that was connected to the DVD S-video input, so he decided to connect the S-video cable from the DVD player into the S-video 2 input which now allows him to view DVD but not get audio.....

If this is the case, then I can at least come up with a logical explanation as to what might be happening:

I think the DVD S-video input of the receiver is actually associated with the the digital coaxial input labelled DVD/6ch. If I'm correct then the problem is remedied fairly easily by using this coaxial input for audio instead of the optical input. Of course, nothing is easy so I'm sure his DVD player only offers an optical and not a coaxial output so he'll need a digital converter (available for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks