What's new

Kenwood HTB 504 Calibration (1 Viewer)

Francisco_C

Agent
I just got the kenwood and RS SLP meter. What do i set the volume at when calibrating to 75db? I dont have any calibrations disks yet. Where could I find them? I usually listen to dvds at -30 to -25db. any advise welcome.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Francisco. Welcome to HTF!

It's funny, but 75 db IS the volume. The numbers on your receiver display are for aproximation only.

Your receiver has a "TEST" tone feature. Hit it. You will start to hear static noise come from 1 speaker. A few seconds later, it will "jump" to another.

When the sound is coming from either the L/R main speaker, you adjust the main volume up until it reads about 75 db on the SPL meter, not the receiver display.

Now, when the sound jumps to the center, use the setup keys to change the center volume.

Do this for each rear.

But, a common mistake is to think you should freeze the main volume control at the 75 db volume level. This is incorrect. Adjust each movie volume to whatever is comfortable/pleasurable for you.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks