What's new

Ken Russell's THE DEVILS due from Warner this year.. (1 Viewer)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Mark Kermode notes in his latest Film 4 column that Ken Russell's THE DEVILS will finally be getting a release from Warners on DVD sometime this year. Warners mentioned it in a chat a while back, but this is the first semi-confirmation I've read that the release is still in the pipeline:

"I leave you with notice that 2006 will also be the year in which Ken Russell's fiery masterpiece The Devils is finally released in its uncut form, a full 35 years after censors and distributors conspired to slash it to ribbons. The forthcoming 'Directors Cut' DVD comes complete with a newly extended version of the Channel 4 documentary 'Hell On Earth' - which is obviously a reason for celebration and delight! Happy New Year."

Kermode's column (see page 3)

If Warners can also fit PERFORMANCE, O LUCKY MAN and a new DELIVERANCE SE in there somewhere, I'll be very grateful.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
a legit release is already out in Honk Kong...
but I hope it really is for real here

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Certainly not in Region 1, given Warner's attitude toward such things in the past. But I'm more than happy to import and thumb my nose at the fundies. Is the Hong Kong version uncut?

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
oh my this is staggeringly good news if it comes to pass...finally! the boot was one of my fave discs of the year depite horrendous quality...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I thought Warner started to release unrated directors cuts? I could be wrong. I hope we get this Reg 1 though!:emoji_thumbsup:

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
Here I am thinking about posting a new thread about "The Devils," wondering when, if ever, Warner will get around to releasing it (especially since in of the HTF chats over a year or two ago, they said they were working on it), and then I stumble upon this potentially great news (potentially only because no official announcement of a region 1 release). This movie's been on my top ten favorites list since the moment I saw it.

paul_goz

Agent
It is available from TCM right now!!!

The transfer is awfull but it is UNCUT!!!

What a great film, I watched it this past weekend.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
What do you mean, it's available from TCM?

To buy or as a broadcast?

I looked over TCM's schedule without seeing THE DEVILS listed.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
It's not a legitimate DVD, which is why the transfer is awful.

Hopefully this film will be brought up during tonight's chat.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Why would TCM - who have connection to Warner - provide illegal DVDs of Warner films?

Indeed, it would be nice if someone had the presence of mind to ask about this amazing film in tonight's chat. ;)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
somewhat disappointing...but I'll keep crossing my fingers...although they are starting to cramp up from being crossed so long:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks