Ken Kesey dead at 66

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Coressel, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Coressel

Coressel Supporting Actor

2. Greg D

Greg D Auditioning

Bummer. Although he wasn't know for the volume of his work, what Kesey did produce was outstanding. Cuckoo's Nest was an excellent film. The book was even better.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, Juicy Fruit.... [​IMG]

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

I hope someday someone makes a film truer to the book. The Milos Forman version is decent, but nothing like the book.

4. Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert Supporting Actor

Kesey's novel One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is tailor-made for Terry Gilliam. Imagine what a trip THAT would be.

5. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Darren Aronofsky would be good too. Maybe Proyas based on his Dark City work.

6. Shayne Judge

Shayne Judge Stunt Coordinator

"Kesey based the story on experiences working at the Veterans Administration hospital in Palo Alto, Calif., while attending Wallace Stegner's writing seminar at Stanford."
    I worked at that hospital until early this year. I have a rather interesting perspective, as I decided to watch the movie after I toured the psych halls for a few years. One nurse remembers working with him.

7. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

....and may he find peace. One of the great books I have read was Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I had seen the movie first, but I enjoyed the book so much more. Told from the "chief's" point of view gave the book a strange feel like you were "in the fog."

8. Jason Boucher

Jason Boucher Stunt Coordinator

I just read that Kesey disavowed the film because of its changed perspective. Never read the book, but the film was great.