What's new

Ken Crane's DVD Planet? (1 Viewer)

Jim Kirkman

Agent
I noticed on the Digital Bits site a link to an online store called "DVD Planet". Clicking on this link takes you to a site called Ken Crane's DVD Planet.
Anyone familiar with this company?
Your experiences and recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Jim

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
They've been around for awhile. I've only ordered a few things from them (I primarily shop at DVD Empire), but everything has gone smoothly.
Moderators, can you move this thread to the online store forum, where it belongs?
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Jim Kirkman

Agent
"Moderators, can you move this thread to the online store forum, where it belongs?"
Oooops. Didn't see that forum. Sorry!
Jim

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I have been very pleased with my orders from Ken Crane's. The last order I made online on a Friday afternoon, the discs were in my mailbox the following Monday... granted I only live 50 miles from their store, but their order-fulfillment process is obviously fairly well organized.
------------------
sig.jpg

Brian E

Screenwriter
Ken Cranes has been a respected supplier for years. Before DVD they were a popular source for LD's.
------------------
-Brian
Nothing decent has been done by committee since Stonehenge and the Pyramids. - JMS
My DVD List

Chris Smirnoff

Auditioning
And I got kicked out of the store unjustly by that a-hole Ken Crane JR. himself, remember? He has already sold the store to the Image Co. before that, yet he still hung around like it was still his. You needed my business, jerk, but I don't need you.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jason, I actually drive to the store! Believe that? 25 miles...
Of course I visit my friend in Huntington Beach as well, I don't drive just for DVDs. But it's a nice pit stop while I'm down there.
You saw it firsthand this weekend. I'm a slave to the addiction, I drive anywhere for DVDs!

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Hey Carlo,
I actually travelled half way around the world from Australia, to visit their shop a few years back.
It was such an event, that I took photos of the shop to remember the occassion.( and bought a swag of discs)
I have been phone ordering Laserdiscs and DVDs(online) from them since 1987, with very few problems.
------------------

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I just drive down to Ken Cranes every time I want a DVD. I live only 15 minutes away.
biggrin.gif

At 25% off retail price on ALL DVDs (including box sets) you can't go wrong! I buy all of my DVDs from Ken Cranes now.
- Brian

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I used to use them for years and never had any complaints, but earlier this year they raised both their prices and their shipping and it's now cheaper for me to buy at either brick & mortar stores or Laser's Edge. I keep DVD Planet in the mix in my spreadsheet, but so far, since they've raised prices, it's never been the cheapest way to go.
frown.gif

------------------
"That audience - 12 to 19 year old pimply faced, mean spirited males - came, watched and went on to whatever god-awful other pursuits" USA Network CEO describing professional wrestling fans

Brian Alan

Agent
You can't beat that KC selection, but lately they have had real problems keeping new releases in stock on the street date. For example, I had to go elsewhere for Superman (sold out day after street) and Big Trouble in Little China (sold out by 6 pm on street date). Otherwise, they are probably the single best physical store to visit that I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks