What's new

Kelsey Grammer presents The Sketch Show (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Anyone else catch this show. I really enjoyed it. Some very fun, very quick sketchs, well done.

Critics are panning it, but I thought it was simple mindless fun.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Thumbs up here as well. 30 minutes of laughter, now u can't lose with that! I just hope it does well enuff to stay on.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...the promos apparently haven't done it justice. Based on them the thing looks awful, like adults telling jokes learned from the 1st grade. Maybe I'll give it a try...

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was terrible. I saw that Paul F. Thompkins and Mary Lynn Rajskub and thought I'd be in for something a fraction as funny as "Mr. Show" and what I experienced was far worse than the worst of "Mr. Show". I hear this stinker is only on for 6 weeks, which is about 6 weeks too long. Hey, guys, a comedy sketch can be longer than 10 seconds!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with everything you said. I hated the pacing; I honestly felt like I was watching Hee-Haw.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I've actually seen quite a few shows that are much worse than this one. I was pleasantly surprised to see "Chloe" from "24" on the show and a couple of the sketches made me laugh. At least with so many short sketches most people are bound to find something funny and you don't really have to invest a lot of time watching. And if a particular idea doesn't strike your fancy, it won't be on the screen for more than a couple of seconds.

I'll probably PVR it and at least skim it for the duration. This is probably going to be a hit or miss situation for a lot of viewers. For me there were more hits than misses.

A pleasant diversion to me. Not "Citizen Kane" but, then again, I wasn't expecting such.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Mary Lynn Rajskub of "Mr. Show" fame. She was hilarious on that show, so I was hoping for more of that type of humor. You are correct, I did find some skits funny, like the one with Kelsey spilling his guts to the psychiatrist, but overall I just felt the pacing was like being hit over the head with a sledgehammer.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yep, "Laugh-In redux"

:D

I've got all the "Mr. Show" episodes on DVD but haven't gotten to watch them yet. Thanks for letting me know that "Chloe" is on that show. Now I'll have to move it up toward the top of the pile (and it's a very tall pile of media!)

:laugh:

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I liked at laughed out loud for a few times. The humour is very British so I can understand if someone doesn't like it. I don't know about States but british sitcoms are frequently shown here in Finland.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks