Keeping fingers crossed about Breakdown

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by SergioM, Nov 15, 2010.

1. SergioM

SergioM Auditioning

Sergio Mims
    Any news on a possible blu-ray release of that terrific Kurt Russell 1997 thriller Breakdown directed by Johnathan Mostow? So far all there has been is a non-anamorphic DVD with ZERO extras. It's long overdue for a decent blu-ray remastering with commetaries from Russell and Mostow and a "making-of" features

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I agree. I'd love to see this film get some love with a really nice Blu-ray release.

3. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Breakdown is a personal favorite and I'd love a Blu-ray release, too.

4. Bob-ATL

Bob-ATL Stunt Coordinator

Day one buy for me. I really enjoy Breakdown. I can't wait to retire my non-anamorphic dvd.

5. questrider

questrider Second Unit
    Supporter

Brian
    I too enjoy this movie.

However, this brings me to a question about the HD movies streaming on Netflix (through the PS3). I just watched "Breakdown" through there last week and it was anamorphic and looked a lot better than an SD DVD. So where does Netflix get this version of the film to stream if there is no anamorphic version or high-def release (BD) on the market?

6. MattFini

MattFini Supporting Actor

I love Breakdown, too.

Paramount has been nothing but disappointing in terms of their minimal catalogue releases. I know they've released a few gems (and I'm really stoked for True Grit) but I want more than a tiny handful.

7. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

Netflix gets their movies straight from the studios. Their streaming videos aren't sourced from DVD or Blu-ray. They actually have a lot of HD titles that aren't available on Blu-ray, and titles that aren't available on DVD at all.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

I have a Region 2 DVD that I got from Amazon UK. I think Fox was the studio over there. Anyway, it's a stellar 2.35:1 release. PQ and AQ are excellent. The blu-ray is going to smash. No extras though so a new Mostow and/or Russell commentary would be most welcome.

This is one of my favorite thrillers so I hope Paramount releases it next year although 2012 would mark the 15th anniversary of it's release so maybe they will just wait?

9. SamHarris

SamHarris Auditioning

I agree. It was my favorite Kurt Russell movie of all. He kicked ass in that movie, just like he did when he played Wyatt Earp in the movie Tombstone.