What's new

Keeping fingers crossed about Breakdown (1 Viewer)

SergioM

Auditioning
Real Name
Sergio Mims
Any news on a possible blu-ray release of that terrific Kurt Russell 1997 thriller Breakdown directed by Johnathan Mostow? So far all there has been is a non-anamorphic DVD with ZERO extras. It's long overdue for a decent blu-ray remastering with commetaries from Russell and Mostow and a "making-of" features

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Breakdown is a personal favorite and I'd love a Blu-ray release, too.

Bob-ATL

Stunt Coordinator
Day one buy for me. I really enjoy Breakdown. I can't wait to retire my non-anamorphic dvd.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I too enjoy this movie.

However, this brings me to a question about the HD movies streaming on Netflix (through the PS3). I just watched "Breakdown" through there last week and it was anamorphic and looked a lot better than an SD DVD. So where does Netflix get this version of the film to stream if there is no anamorphic version or high-def release (BD) on the market?

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I love Breakdown, too.

Paramount has been nothing but disappointing in terms of their minimal catalogue releases. I know they've released a few gems (and I'm really stoked for True Grit) but I want more than a tiny handful.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Originally Posted by Brian Magnuson

I too enjoy this movie.

However, this brings me to a question about the HD movies streaming on Netflix (through the PS3). I just watched "Breakdown" through there last week and it was anamorphic and looked a lot better than an SD DVD. So where does Netflix get this version of the film to stream if there is no anamorphic version or high-def release (BD) on the market?

Netflix gets their movies straight from the studios. Their streaming videos aren't sourced from DVD or Blu-ray. They actually have a lot of HD titles that aren't available on Blu-ray, and titles that aren't available on DVD at all.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I have a Region 2 DVD that I got from Amazon UK. I think Fox was the studio over there. Anyway, it's a stellar 2.35:1 release. PQ and AQ are excellent. The blu-ray is going to smash. No extras though so a new Mostow and/or Russell commentary would be most welcome.

This is one of my favorite thrillers so I hope Paramount releases it next year although 2012 would mark the 15th anniversary of it's release so maybe they will just wait?

SamHarris

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam Harris
I agree. It was my favorite Kurt Russell movie of all. He kicked ass in that movie, just like he did when he played Wyatt Earp in the movie Tombstone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks