What's new

JVC XV-FA95GD 7 disc changer and remotes (1 Viewer)

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
It seems that luck was finally with me yesterday at Best Buy; while browsing for DVDs I noticed they had the JVC 7 disc changer as an open box for $209! Sensing the impulse buy of the century, I grabbed the nearest salesperson and tested it out; every feature worked!
Unfortunately, it was without the box, manual, or remote. The first two I can live without, but the last is kinda important. What I am wondering is if there is an inexpensive universal remote that I can use; the replacement will run me $36 from JVC, so I was hoping to avoid that at least until I get my Sony AV-2001 back.
Also, is there anything in the manual that is not accessible from the main setup menu? I looked at a picture of the remote at Crutchfield, and there didn't look like a whole lot of special keys.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Right and UNIVERSAL remote is an interesting one. If you don't have the original remote, how you gonna program the universal. So you need a pre-programmed remote. I'd say try to get a JVC remote and concern yourself with a universal based on your overall system.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I finally got it to work through a combination of codes and going to Best Buy and using their 95 remote to teach mine.

One other question, is there anything I need to do to enable progressive mode on the component inputs? I remember seeing a button on the remote, not sure if its needed to switch.

Also, any recommendations on what to set the pulldown to (film is the obvious choice) for best results?

Rob_b

Agent
Just finished demoing this unit. When I was at Bestbuy they had 3 open box unit. I bought the last unopened one.
To turn on the progressive mode you have to hold the progressive button on the remote for 3 seconds. You need the remote to turn on this function :frowning:
I will be returning my unit this weekend. Bestbuy will now have 4 open box units. I can't believe how many people are returning this dvd player.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Thanks Rob, I went back today and got the progressive button code; the guy at Best Buy thinks i'm very strange when I come in with my remote....

It looks pretty good with progressive on through component, but I can tell a difference between it and the HTPC. I'm sure it will do just fine for my wife though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks