What's new

JVC HM-DH30000 D-VHS drops to $599 MSRP (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I bought one with that 10% off coupon deal that Best Buy had the past few days. Arrives next Friday. Total came to $572.39 with MI 6% sales tax. Unsure if I should get the extended contract. I have 30 days to decide. It seemed kind of high-$100.00 for 4 years. But with all the trouble that they have had in the past I'm thinking it might be worth it. Basic warranty is only 1 year parts/90 days labor.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
If I could hook this deck to my cable box to grab HD recordings, I would now be a DVHS supporter (via my purchase).

But, alas, I can't. And, even at $529, the D-Theater title selection is "lacking."

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Most of you who have posted are probably aware of the very common problems with this player - most of them stop playing after awhile. For those not familiar with the problems I would suggest visiting the AVS forum. There is a group of extremely disatisfied purchasers of this unit who post there. Based on this group, I believe there is a significant problem with the unit. JVC is working with some of them to resolve their problems, but Buyer beware.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
If it's a lemon, it's not worth it at any price IMHO.
Unless JVC stands behind the product and fixes or replaces it. At this point, you would have to consider it risky but some might find the risk worth taking. When it works right, it is great.

Chris

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
JVC has come up with a "fix" for the unit. Time will tell if it will work. I would suggest buying an extended warranty. Any update on a "deal" through the HTF deals page or group purchase.

Thanks
Ron

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Looks like Onecall finally updated their price...$497 + shipping. It would be nice if they gave an extended warranty and/or free shipping for HTF members ;)

Ron

Or, 50% off extended warranty + free shipping...or...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks