JVC 61Z585 or Sony 60XS955?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Andrew Grall, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I have waited for over two months for the JVC 61" DILA set that I bought to come in stock. It is finally in and is set to be delivered on Monday. It has, in general, one of the best pictures I have seen, although I have seen some digital noise in some of the brighter whites on this set.

On the other hand, I finally saw the new Sony 60XS955 yesterday. It is probably the best RP LCD set I have seen. Very nice picture, SDE is minimized, lots of display controls, built-in tuner and cable-card, and one more HDMI input than the JVC has.

Has anyone else compared these 2 sets? I really need to make a decision no later than Saturday to switch my order before they deliver the JVC. They would need to special order the Sony, so that might take a while, but I still have a "loaner" Samsung HLP5663 in the meanwhile from the store...

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks.

2. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Nobody?

Well, I think I have made my decision anyways... I'll probably call the store within the hour. Unless someone can talk me out of it... [​IMG]

3. barry.az

barry.az Extra

So what did you finally do? If it's the JVC, are you happy with it? When my Toshiba repair guy comes tomorrow to check out my 8 year old Toshiba 56 Theaterwide, I may be in the market for something new.

Thanks.
    Barry
    Scottsdale, AZ