What's new

JVC 52Z575 on the way!!! (1 Viewer)

Scott_N

Second Unit
I'm done with 2-channel upgrades for the time being so I finally bought my first HDTV. I went to my dealer and looked at a JVC D-ILA a Samsung DLP and a Sony LCD in the same room and was blown away by the picture of the JVC! I'm a audiophile not a videophile but to me the DLP had slightly reddish cast to it. The JVC had a almost CRT look to it with more accurate colors but maybe the DLP needed to be calibrated I don't know. Also the JVC had better detail to my eyes with HD and DVD than the Samsung or the Sony. It will be here in a couple of weeks and replaces the 35" Toshiba i've been using for the past 10 years. I can't wait to watch football in HD and to rewatch my favorite movies on the JVC!:emoji_thumbsup:

KirkP

Agent
Congratulations Scott! It's a great TV and I know you'll thoroughly enjoy watching sports in HD (I do!). The customers that have purchased a D-ILA TV from continue to rave about the picture whenever we check in with them. It does sound like the DLP may not have been calibrated properly or could have bee a bad source but in any event, you made a great purchase.

Scott_N

Second Unit
Kirk

Thanks for your input. The JVC is the first digital display that has really impressed me.

WhitneyRoberts

Auditioning
How does non-HD broadcasts look on this TV? I am seriously considering a 61" and I'm curious. I haven't seen one in person as of yet - just read the specs. Thanks!

GeorgeALesniak

Auditioning
Congratulations Scott! You will LOVE it! I was in the same boat as you. I was leaning toward the Samsung but the rainbows and eyestrain blew it for me. I took delivery of my 61Z575 the week before Christmas. Did you see that JVC announced their 1080P D-ILAs at CES today?

>>How does non-HD broadcasts look on this TV? I am >>seriously considering a 61" and I'm curious. I haven't >>seen one in person as of yet - just read the specs. >>Thanks!

It really depends on the source. Most DirecTV SD channels look OK. The SD locals on the other hand are pretty poor. I usually watch locals via OTA antenna and then the SD broadcasts look pretty good.

Scott_N

Second Unit
George

I thought all three tv's had very nice pictures but the JVC's color accuracy put it over the top. I didn't notice any rainbows on the Samsung maybe i'm not sensitve to them but the dlp did have a slightly better black level than the JVC but I noticed some red push on the Samsung. Yeah I heard about the 1080p's but I think i'll be happy with a mere 720p.;) Enjoy your JVC!

Whitney

I saw SD on the JVC the Sony and the Samsung and local channels looked bad on all three to me. Perhaps the Sony was slightly better than the other two but is wasn't that big a difference to me but like I said i'm a audiophile not a videophile. On dvd's though it was no contest the JVC had better color and a more detailed picture than the Samsung and the Sony which suprised me since i've heard how detailed DLP's are. I'm just glad I could see all three technologies in the same room with proper lighting.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
JVC is a great brand. You will be very happy with this purchase. Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks