Justified - Season 4 (FX) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Hanson said:
Decent finale. GREAT season. I'd say right up there with season 2 as possibly the best. A little surprised we never saw a one-armed Quarles pop up this season.

One question I had was how was it so easy for Raylan to contact Sammie Tonin? I vaguely remember them having interaction in the past, so I guess it had something to do with that?
Raylen did save his life so yes, they had some interaction.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Great season finale, and agree that Raylen had an elegant solution and still got what he wanted all along, Nicky dead without jeopardizing his law enforcement career. And that Raylen is not above using nefarious elements to get what he wants and knows is just. A great series that builds upon itself every year.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Robert Crawford said:
Raylen did save his life so yes, they had some interaction.
I don't think Raylan saved his life exactly. Raylan surprised him at a horse stable in order to ask questions about Quarles, and Sammy initially thought he was a dirty cop sent by Quarles to kill him. Raylan informed him that was not the case while being offended that it was the second time he was assumed to be dirty in one day.

Later Sammy, at Quarles' insistence, says into a phone he knows is wire tapped that Raylan is in bed with Boyd Crowder.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ken_McAlinden said:
I don't think Raylan saved his life exactly. Raylan surprised him at a horse stable in order to ask questions about Quarles, and Sammy initially thought he was a dirty cop sent by Quarles to kill him. Raylan informed him that was not the case while being offended that it was the second time he was assumed to be dirty in one day.

Later Sammy, at Quarles' insistence, says into a phone he knows is wire tapped that Raylan is in bed with Boyd Crowder.
I have to go back, but didn't a hit man try to take him out in the stables too at that time?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Robert Crawford said:
I have to go back, but didn't a hit man try to take him out in the stables too at that time?
I'm pretty sure you're right about that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know what "Justified" could do to top the excellent fourth season, but this spoiler would just about do it. From TVLine:
The antagonists for season five will be "the white trash Florida-based Crowe clan, led by the sexy, charismatic and ruthless fortysomething patriarch Dale. Officially, the Crowes run a gator farm. Unofficially, they deal drugs and murder people and stuff. Dale’s inner circle includes sister Wendy (the public face of the family) and younger brother Danny (described as a romantic sociopath)." Dewey Crowe's family? Yes please.
The family has been featured in a number of Elmore Leonard's novels, probably most prominently Maximum Bob given the way the title character from that novel has been appropriated for the show in the form of Stephen Root's Judge Mike Reardon, I'm wondering if the plot for the fifth season will utilize a lot from that novel when fleshing out the other Crowes on the show.

I do hope they avoid borrowing from Riding the Rap and Pronto, though -- any more than they already did for the early seasons. I've still got my fingers crossed that when the show ends they'll make film adaptations of those books written by Graham Yost and featuring Timothy Olyphant as Raylan (and Natalie Zia as Winona, in passing). Given that the Raylan of the books is older than Tim with kids, it makes sense for those stories to be told after the show chronologically.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You can tell we're getting close to the traditional October start of shooting for "Justified", because the news is starting to pour in.

TVLine: Jere "Wynn Duffy" Burns promoted to series regular

Great news. It's hard to imagine "Justified" these days without Wynn Duffy's reaction shots. He's like this psychopathic audience surrogate whose face is always showing what the audience is feeling.

Now if they'd just announce that Shelley Hennig is going to make a reappearance as Jackie Nevada, we'd be all set.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Awesome news, both pieces. Wynn and the Family Crowe. Can't wait for next season. (Is it January yet?)

A bit late in commenting on this, but man -- that is how you do a season-finale. Can someone send some notes to The Walking Dead? Our main character doesn't pull a gun outside the first 15 minutes of the episode, yet you still feel that he is a threat. I would let Tim Olyphant birth as many children on me as he required.

Next season, it seems pretty likely that we're going to see the wrath of Boyd Crowder.

(Also, between this show and The Following, Natalie Zea is rapidly becoming the most-kidnapped woman on television.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season five will premiere on January 7th with "A Murder Of Crowes". Some tidbits about the new season from Entertainment Weekly:
Dewey Crowe's gator-farming Florida crime family will be the Big Bads for the fifth season. “The big thing would be Dewey Crowe, our beloved Dewey, who we didn’t even see last year — it’s a big season for him,” Yost says.After a very condensed story run so far -- seasons two through four all together comprise roughly half a year of Raylan's life -- there will be a jump of a few months between season four and season five. When the story picks back up, Winona's already given birth and Raylan's grappling with out to be a father. “That has a profound effect on him,” teases Yost. “So what does he want to do going forward? And the baby is not in Kentucky. So what is he going to do? And that’s one of the big questions of the season.”Ava's going to spend most of the season, if not the entire season, in prison.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Can't wait unit the 7th. In a week or so I can get my DVR programmed. Speaking of DVR, earlier this week I was doing some catch up on The Mindy Project on Fox. Did anyone else see the episode where Timothy Olyphant played a 45 year old skate board dude that dated Mindy? I almost didn't recognize him. I am so used to him on this show and the only thing I recognized was his voice, everything else about him was changed. Very talented actor, both comedy and drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks