What's new

"Justice League of America", I'd like a live action film please (1 Viewer)

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

It won't screw it up if The Dark Night is a hit in theaters. Other than that, I have no real problem if somebody else portrays Batman in a Justice League movie.

Personally, I wish WB would go ahead and greenlight Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns with somebody older portraying Batman, beacause I felt that Batman Begins was not gritty enough.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Here is what Jeff from BATMAN ON FILM has to say about the prospects of a JLA movie. He has some pretty good sources at WB, including one of the executive producers on the Batman flicks:

ezOP
(9/7/07 11:44 am)

Some JL info I got...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...looks like TMOS is more likely, from a few people I talked to. JL is NOT on WB's production schedule, that I know for sure. Singer finishes that WWII film in Germany soon and will have time to begin TMOS in the spring of '08 if WB greenlights it. More later....

Quote:
thejettman

Quote:
ezOP
(9/7/07 11:58 am)

Re: Some JL info I got...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTHING set in stone, one way or the other. Apparantly, there's a faction at WB that wants JL, the other wants TMOS, with the former being a smaller group in the latter

thejettman
jettman

ezOP
(9/7/07 12:53 pm)

Quote:
. From what I've heard, the script is almost done and Singer and company will be making their pitch very soon. We'll see....

ezOP
(9/7/07 6:08 pm)

It certainly looks to be some sort of political battle over at WB between these two films is taking place.

I'll make no bones about it, I'd prefer that TMOS gets the greenlight for '09 with BATMAN 3 bowing in '11. THEN you can do that JL movie -- maybe even with Routh and Bale.

What bothers me here is that those -- not everyone -- that are behind JL, have it in for TMOS and don't care about sacrificing BATMAN just to "reboot" Superman via JL.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Larry, the only people who know what is going is the execs at Warner. Not Jeff at Batman on Film or Robert from IESB.

I just hope Warner does it right. :D

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator
To add gasoline to the explosive wildfire known as JLA: UPDATE: 9/2 - Looks like you can score an early one for "Dirty" Sanchez as they appear to have announced casting directors for New York, Toronto, and, strangely enough, Vancouver, where incidentally, a certain actor films a Superman TV show. They've also posted script sides for some lesser roles in the film. To check the source, click on my sig link below.

On another note, I wonder if they will go off the JLA comic books and have Wonder Woman having a crush on Superman, or go the animated series route and have her having the hots for the Bat.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

You're probably right, but I do know that Jett has contacts with some hotshots at WB. If a JLA movie is gonna be made, I really wish they would wait until Nolan and Bale are done with Batman.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
George Miller confirmed and it won't be motion captured but a heavy effects live action film! Superman sequel takes a backseat!!!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/821/821695p1.html

September 20, 2007 - After months of rumors online, George Miller has been confirmed as the director of Warner Bros.' planned live-action Justice League of America movie, which will go before cameras by early 2008.

Variety reports that JLA, "which is in the initial phases of casting, is a pre-strike priority for the studio, which needs a superhero tentpole in 2009." JLA will not be a motion-capture film as previously reported, but rather an effects heavy live-action film.

JLA has proven to be a complicated process for Warners given its already established Batman and Superman franchises. Variety confirmed that "the next installment in the Superman franchise has taken a backseat to Justice League in part because Warners is so keen on the Justice League script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney."

The JLA roster will reportedly include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman. As for casting, Variety's sources informed them that Christian Bale and Brandon Routh probably won't be in the film as Batman and Superman, respectively.

There's still a very distinct possibility, however, that JLA could fall apart in the next few months. As Variety points out, "The project is so complicated -- and casting dependent -- that even those deeply involved in the project are holding their breath until production begins."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Babe 2 or Happy Feet, but I'm pretty fond of the rest of George Miller's filmography from the Mad Max films through Lorenzo's Oil. The Mad Max flicks show he's got the chops to direct action. Color me cautiously optimistic.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very disappointed that this has to happen at the expense of the Superman Returns sequel. I thought Returns was an outstanding film, and I looked forward very much to its sequel. What does Bryan Singer have to say about this?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Maybe Warner's hoping Bryan Singer will back out of the Superman sequel. I'm hoping because I was disappointed with Superman Returns. :)

Anyway, as for JLA, I don't mind if Tom Welling plays Superman but I sure hope they don't take anyone else from Smallville because I don't want it to be a Smallville movie!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From the sound of things, it's not so much that JLA is replacing the SR sequel as it is pushing it back.

If negotiations can't be worked out between the Producer's Guild and the WGA by late next spring, the entire industry shuts down. Singer decided to slot two other films between SR and its sequel, which meant there was no way he could get the sequel in the can before the strike. By going with JLA, you've got an entirely different team that can focus on the project and fast track it into production by early next year.

The strike is also a key reason why Harry Potter 6 has already started shooting; with the labor laws they take a long time to shoot, and Warner Bros. wants to have it in the can before the strike.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Victoria Hill is rumored to audition for Wonder Woman. She appeared in Xena so I guess she has experience with Amazons. :)

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
George Miller is attached to direct. Nuff said. Ok well if he's credited with only Babe, then there is more to be said. The guy is a brilliant director.

The Mad Max trilogy, the 'terror at 20,000 feet' episode in Twilight Zone the movie. He knows action, suspense and drama.

Now 'nuff said.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
That's a firm 'meh' from me.

They could go for someone more exciting, can't think of who right now though. =/

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How about Laura Mennell for WW? She was on a recent episode of Flash Gordon, and also previously on The 4400. She's listed as 5'9", which is a little taller than Biel, though Biel is a "name" compared to a relative unknown.

Benovite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary
I got an idea..

What... about....

Rose McGowan!

Just saying it could work. And I'd accept her easier than Jessica Biel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks