What's new

Just some quick thoughts and comments about SVSound and the PB12-NSD that I just purchased. (1 Viewer)

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I am no professional so take my opinion with a grain of salt but here it goes. I had the BIC America F12 for about 3 weeks and decided that it wasn't powerful enough. I researched and read a lot about different woofers and My choice was between an HSU 15 or the PB12. After some debating I had decided to the PB12 and sent an eMail to SVS, with a few question that I had about the PB12. I had sent the eMail on a Saturday evening and was promptly answered on that following Sunday at around 8 AM. That is amazing customer service and I am very thankful for it. My order went through that Sunday and I received the woofer today. Was a hassle free and fast delivery. The woofer itself is pretty big and sounds incredible. I have tried a few different movies and sounds with this sub and one thing I have definitely noticed is that the bass goes to low that it actually starts vibrating my couch, which I didn't get with my Bic F12. But before I even got to the point of testing the speaker, the newbie me didn't know where to attach the RCA cable I had. My old BIC had a simple LFE connector and was pool proof. The SVS had multiple connections and nothing seemed to make sense to me. I called SVS and Mr. Ed Cullen (I think he's a user here) picked up. I asked him about where to connect my RCA cable to, which he obviously answered, and instead of just ending the conversation there, he asked me which speaker system and reciever combo I had and even further explained to me which way to set the Sub and the crossover points etc. He was VERY helpful and very understanding oh the newbie-me. I can not tell you guys that this Sub is better than Sub A or Sub B, because at the end its about what you like, but if you are looking for a company that stands behind their products and is very knowledgeable, approachable and helpful, give SVS a try. Ray

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Yep. Hard to beat an SVS sub. I have the cylinder version of your sub (PC-12 NSD), and love it. It reaches lows I've never felt before. Glad you're enjoying your's. In case you're wondering about some movies with good bass in them, the three Transformers movies are very good. Have fun...............

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I have an arsenal of newly acquired blurays that are just waiting to be played hehe. Ray

raehza

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I have an arsenal of newly acquired blurays that are just waiting to be played hehe. Ray

Roy Mc

Auditioning
I have more to learn than I do to teach, so rarely post. I will however, come out of my shell for this thread since I have first hand knowledge and appreciation for SVS. A decade or so past I decided it was time to get a sub to compliment my Klipsch Legend 5.1 sound. I sent an inquiry to SVS website asking for suggestions based on my system and room configuration. I was pleasantly surprised to get a reply same day from Tom V. After he so graciously responded with way more information than I could comprehend, it sounded like the SVS 20-39PC+ would fill my needs. After much searching I ran across the sub NIB from an individual who just purchased and had the misfortune of being transferred immediately thereafter having never been able to even set it up. I made the purchase and was very grateful for my good fortune for better part of a year then the sub failed. I contacted Tom V and after some testing he had me do, he said send the amp portion in for replacement, NO CHARGE! I reminded him that I was second owner but it didn’t matter. Needless to say, I was shocked. He shipped a new one as soon as mine was received and tested. I promised myself I would never miss an opportunity to share my experience and show my appreciation for that experience with SVS. I don’t know anything about the PB-12, but hope you will be pleased with it. Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks