What's new

Just signed up from U-Verse, leaving Dish Network (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I must admit I'm a little nervous about the switch. Dish has always been pretty good, but I've never been a fan of their menus, the interface, or the DVR particularly. We only have two HDTV's in our home hooked up to broadcast TV, and intend to keep it that way. The kiddo's room doesn't need it. Our current Dish DVR only outputs HD to one TV, and SD to the other. I wanted to go to HD on both TV's, and AT&T gave me an awfully attractive offer to go to U-Verse. I am concerned about the picture quality from U-Verse and while I don't expect it to be as good as Dish, how much of a downgrade is it? Has anybody ever done the switch and had a problem with the quality of the picture?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm also interested in hearing some testimonials, pro or con, because I've considered switching over from Comcast.

ShowMeCables

Agent
Real Name
Paul
Jeramy,
The menus are easy to navigate on Uverse, i think you will find them easy to use. There are a couple of negatives that i have found with the UVerse. First off, When i had DTV, I would leave TV on for dog while i was at work. When I would do this with my Uverse, it shuts itself down after so many hours of time if you don't change any channels. So, i would come home from work and the TV was on with the Blue screen of death and the STB was turned off. The second, and more bothersome to me, is that the video signals amongst the boxes in your home will not be synced up to eachother. So, if you have a tv in your kitchen and can hear the tv in family room, they will be a fraction off.
Other than that, I like the fact that you can get an RF remote so you can have equipment in a cabinet or closet

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by ShowMeCables /t/321381/just-signed-up-from-u-verse-leaving-dish-network#post_3936182
Jeramy,
The menus are easy to navigate on Uverse, i think you will find them easy to use. There are a couple of negatives that i have found with the UVerse. First off, When i had DTV, I would leave TV on for dog while i was at work. When I would do this with my Uverse, it shuts itself down after so many hours of time if you don't change any channels. So, i would come home from work and the TV was on with the Blue screen of death and the STB was turned off. The second, and more bothersome to me, is that the video signals amongst the boxes in your home will not be synced up to eachother. So, if you have a tv in your kitchen and can hear the tv in family room, they will be a fraction off.
Other than that, I like the fact that you can get an RF remote so you can have equipment in a cabinet or closet
I wonder if the auto-off can be turned off in the menu?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just make sure you factor in the cost of HD channels on U-Verse. Many assume HD is included with the package, but it is not, not even your locals.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
The rate they are quoting me right now does include HD Channels, but thanks for the heads up. U-Verse has generally seemed the priciest option, but they offered a pretty amazing deal to stick around and with only a one year committment with the price locked in for that year, so I just couldn't say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks