Just received my Behringer Destroyer Pro...please help!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_T_Jones, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones Auditioning

I just pulled the unit out of the box, thinking I would hook it right up to my HT equipment..... I was wrong!
    I had bought a length of RCA cable to hook up between the sub/out on the Yamaha DSP-A1 to the input of the Behr. Pro.
    Then the output on the Behr. Pro would feed into my Velodyne FSR15.
    I know this is rather obvious, but...
    There are NO RCA cable inputs on the Behr. Pro unit!
    I don't know anything about "balanced/unbalanced input/outputs".
    How am I going to hook this thing up? I have searched the forum and had no luck.
    I have heard about getting "hum"(no jokes please [​IMG] ). How do I avoid that?
    I know I need to convert from RCA to one of the available inputs. Which is the correct one? Which is the better one?
    I think I may have gotten in over my head, but I can figure it out if someone will steer me in the right direction.
    Also, I ran a slow sine wave sweep (15hz-80hz @5sec. each frequency.)
    I have a huge gap in the 55hz range. It peaks at around 92dbs at one point and down in the 74db range at 55hz. Should I bring all the peaks and flats down to the 55hz level, since I won't be able to bring that one up?
    The average was around 80db.
    Thanks for any advice/help!
    Mike

2. Timmy

Timmy Stunt Coordinator

Accept the 55hz dip. Its a cancellation valley that can only be corrected by relocating your sub (which then just might cause a cancellatin dip at some other frequency).
    Connections;
    in the BFD maunal, there is a diagram showing how to wire unballanced cables (your RCA cables) to the BFD's 3 wire 1/4" ballanced phone jacks. It's page 27 in my manual
    ------------------

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Go to Radio Shack or Home Depot and get a 1/4" male mono connector to RCA female connector (it should be a 2" long convertor in total). They are about $1-$2. Plug the 1/4" male plug into the unbalanced input on the BFD (and connect the other end to the receiver's subwoofer output).
    If you get hum, get a cheater plug for the power plug. It simply adapts your 3-prong plug into a 2-prong power plug. Home Depot has these for $1 each.
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; LDs

4. Michael_T_Jones

Michael_T_Jones Auditioning

I feel pretty stupid.
    I didn't know it would be THAT simple.
    Thanks to both of you!
    Mike