What's new

Just received my Behringer Destroyer Pro...please help!! (1 Viewer)

Michael_T_Jones

Auditioning
I just pulled the unit out of the box, thinking I would hook it right up to my HT equipment..... I was wrong!
I had bought a length of RCA cable to hook up between the sub/out on the Yamaha DSP-A1 to the input of the Behr. Pro.
Then the output on the Behr. Pro would feed into my Velodyne FSR15.
I know this is rather obvious, but...
There are NO RCA cable inputs on the Behr. Pro unit!
I don't know anything about "balanced/unbalanced input/outputs".
How am I going to hook this thing up? I have searched the forum and had no luck.
I have heard about getting "hum"(no jokes please :D ). How do I avoid that?
I know I need to convert from RCA to one of the available inputs. Which is the correct one? Which is the better one?
I think I may have gotten in over my head, but I can figure it out if someone will steer me in the right direction.
Also, I ran a slow sine wave sweep (15hz-80hz @5sec. each frequency.)
I have a huge gap in the 55hz range. It peaks at around 92dbs at one point and down in the 74db range at 55hz. Should I bring all the peaks and flats down to the 55hz level, since I won't be able to bring that one up?
The average was around 80db.
Thanks for any advice/help!
Mike

Timmy

Stunt Coordinator
Accept the 55hz dip. Its a cancellation valley that can only be corrected by relocating your sub (which then just might cause a cancellatin dip at some other frequency).
Connections;
in the BFD maunal, there is a diagram showing how to wire unballanced cables (your RCA cables) to the BFD's 3 wire 1/4" ballanced phone jacks. It's page 27 in my manual
------------------

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Go to Radio Shack or Home Depot and get a 1/4" male mono connector to RCA female connector (it should be a 2" long convertor in total). They are about $1-$2. Plug the 1/4" male plug into the unbalanced input on the BFD (and connect the other end to the receiver's subwoofer output).
If you get hum, get a cheater plug for the power plug. It simply adapts your 3-prong plug into a 2-prong power plug. Home Depot has these for $1 each.
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; Sunosub I + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks