What's new

Just Purchased a Denon AVR-1913 (1 Viewer)

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I just setup my new Denon AVR-1913 Receiver. The first thing I did was put in the latest Star Trek movie and play it a about 70 to 75% volume. It wasn't as loud as I would have expected it to be. Anyway, after about 3 minutes, during one of the louder battle scenes the thing just turns off. It had a blinking red light on the Standby button. I hit the off button on the remote and then turned it back on with no problems at maybe 60% volume. I have not played it that loud again and have had no problems. Can I expect this to happen every time I push the volume over 70%. Again, it is still not that loud at 70% when playing a bluray disc. It is much louder when playing the TV or music. Any thought would be appreciated. If I need to send it back I would like to know soon.

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
The front speakers are Klispch WF-35, center speaker is Klispch WC-24. I have a JBL 10" subwoofer and 2 smaller Bose book shelf speakers for the surround. The room is about 16 X 21.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Where did Aud put the crossovers? Or did you manually set them? Those speakers are very efficient. Even the 1513 would make your ears bleed. However it is possible the AVR has reigned in the front because of how innefficient the Bose are. So what are the speaker levels as well...

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Is the subwoofer powered or passive (i.e. RCA cable connection or speaker wire connection)? I assume this was Blu-ray and connected via HDMI? Have you disabled secondary audio on the player and made sure you're getting the lossless audio on the receiver? Are you listening using any sort of preset audio "mode" or is this in direct/pure (whatever Denon's name for "unprocessed" is)? What model Bose bookshelves are you using?

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
The most I can tell you right now is that I manually set the crossover at 100 but that was after I had the problem. All the speakers were originally set to large but I changed them all to small. I am going to attempt to recreate the problem this weekend and I will be sure and get all the settings.

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
The subwoofer is powered and connected via one RCA cable. The Blueray is connected via HDMI. I did not intentionally disable the secondary audio. I will check that this weekend. I believe I have the audio set to "Movies". I will have to check the model of the Bose speakers. I will check all my settings and speaker models this weekend and get back.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You will have problems till you set the AVR correctly. You have 4 crossovers to set. Since you haven't set the main/ center/ surround, there is 99% of the problem.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would set the front somewhere along 40-60(maybe even 80...whatever you like best) The center 60-80...again, whichever you like best Surrounds, Bose typically don't make it below 120hz. Those you'll have to play with...100-150...again, whatever you like best. Once you've done that, the overall performance of the system will improve. Check the Klipsch website for the "low end response" of the center. Amazon has conflicting information. One part of the sales page says 65hz -3 and in "the body" it says 82hz -3. Set the crossover no lower than whatever Klipsch actually says on their website. Bose doesn't publish specs, so don't waste your time looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks