Just one JBL N24...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James C. Jr., Nov 19, 2003.

1. James C. Jr.

James C. Jr. Extra

Hi,

I have a surround setup using a Kenwood VR-6060 as my reciever. I have a pair of JBL N28s as my front mains, a N-Center and a pair of N24s as my surrounds. My reciever supports a rear surround channel and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas one where I could purchase just one N24 to use as the rear surround. I've tried using an old N-Center as the rear surround and it sounded like garbage; way too high. So I'm set on finding another N24 as the rear surround. I'd appreciate all feedback. Thanks everyone.

Jim

2. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

Iv'e got to believe someone else is in your same position and could use one as well. I bet if you bought a pair you could sell the other fairly easy.

3. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Alternatively, they're pretty cheap, so you could just keep the extra around as a spare.

4. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

yea .. maybe you'll go 7.1 in the future sometime. Harmandirect I think sells them on Ebay sometimes. This seems like an ok deal. I thought I even saw a single one somewhere a while back. Can't remember where though now.

5. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

James, check ebay, you might find a single. But you could just buy a pair and use it for 7.1 if your reciever supports it.
    I have an n24 with a broken bracket, so I almost bought a single n24 but it went for about 25.00+shipping, and the bracket through harmonkarden was 21.00 shipped...

John

6. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

7. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

Phil, no amp problems caused by the increase in impedance by wiring in series?

Not all amps will be able to handle this and is not recommended.

8. Edwin_C

Edwin_C Stunt Coordinator

increase in impedance isn't a problem at all, it's decrease that causes damage.

9. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

I will now slink away into the corner and hide. I hate making mistake in public.[​IMG]