What's new

Just found the perfect dvd drawers for storage. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have been searching for storage drawers for my dvd's and finally came across something that is perfect. It is called the cube. And the website for this company is www.lorentzdesign.com. If many of you are like me I like these because they are enclosed and I do not need to worry about dust. Also what is nice is you can stack these. On top of that this will fit in my entertainment center that has glass doors on it. So double the protection. I just wanted to share this with you because I know the question comes up sometimes on how do I store my 400 title dvd collection.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Original CD
VHS
Cassette
Laser / LP
Component
CD 400
Component 400
Caster Base

thats the list of cubes.

i don't see one for dvd.
closest is the vhs but the pick is of a closed cube and it doesnt say if the drawer is sectioned for holding tapes the way the pick on the cd cube shows that it is sectioned for cd's.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Tony, check it our again. If you go to products,they have a 3 drawer version and a 4 drawer version. I am getting a couple of the 4 drawer versions. And it says 44 dvd's per drawer.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I was worried about that too when I first brought up the website. Just needed to read a little more. Nevertheless, it does say it and 44 dvd's per drawer is 176 dvd's per storgae unit. ;)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
There is another company called Can-Am that makes metal storage cabinets for Cds and Dvds, plus equipment cabinets and stands. I own a three-drawer cabinet from them - very well built and nice looking. Not cheap though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
CD 400 cube is a 4 drawer CD/Multi-format storage cabinet. It is 29 3/4" H x 19 1/2" W x 17 1/4" D and each drawer can accommodate 102 CDs or CD-ROMs, 44 DVDs(digital video discs), 26 VHS tapes, 63 cassettes or any combination of these formats as well as game cartridges and DAT tapes.
Product Price: $325 for Natural, Medium and Dark stain. $335 for Black lacquer finish. Shipping, handling and tax not included.
$325 plus shipping for 44 dvd's.

sorry too much for me.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Funny thing was that I acquired a Cube for my HT room before there was any such thing as DVD. I got it because it's an attractive piece, made with top-quality materials and good craftsmanship. I just liked it as a piece of furniture, and it coordinated well with the other furniture in the room. Then it turned out to be perfect for DVD storage. (I remember when I didn't have enough DVDs to fill even a single drawer.)

I agree that, if your primary goal is DVD storage, it's pricey. But you do get what you pay for.

M.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, it is kind of pricey but it does look very nice and solid. Plus it is a perfect match for my entertainment center.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks