Just finished some GR Research A/V-1's.............

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Eric Ha, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

for my parents. I must say, the sound quality is impressive. Compared to my Adire 281's, they have a cleaner, more accurate sound. Of course, the tweeter is significantly more expensive. The bass is quite nice as well. I was surprised at the amount of bass, though they can't compete with the Adire's at anything over a low-medium volume. They do not have the 281's energetic, punchy sound. This may be due to being a bookshelf speaker with one 5 1/4" driver, not a 4 ft tall tower with two 8"s!!!

They are perfect for my parents, who never push them hard at all. I placed a DIY Dayton 12" DVC sealed sub in an overhead loft area, and it compliments the bookshelves nicely. Danny, great speaker!

2. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

they don't know how good they have it, you are one good son.

3. Eric Ha

Eric Ha Stunt Coordinator

My Mom's mostly excited that they're camel colored with matching grill material! Matching her decor was the selling point. [​IMG]

I never thought I'd be building my 70 something parents GR speakers and a 12" sub. They're hooked though.

4. Danny Richie

Danny Richie Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Eric,

If you like the cleaner more accurate sound and want the energetic punch as well, then you'll have to look to some of our larger models. [​IMG]

I bet your parents are pleased. Nice job.