What's new

Just bought Mits WS-65813!! (1 Viewer)

Richard_A

Auditioning
After considering the cheaper 55" WS65315 for $1849 at Tweeter in NH, I walked into the showroom and saw the WS65813 Diamond set and was blown away. The overall look, feature set, and performance of the more expensive set was impossible to resist. I got it for $2849 plus $80 delivery/setup fee with no sales tax (gotta love New Hampshire for that).

The salesman told me that Tweeter has bought the remaining stock of the end of the model year TV's from Mitsubishi and they should have them available at this price for a while. You don't see this deal listed on their web site, but somehow I doubt they will have much trouble selling them at this price. I realize that Mits just anounced the new line of 1080p sets, but they are out of my price range. I'll just have to 'suffer' with this model for now... ;^)

I was a little disappointed that the salesman tried to 'slip in' the screen cleaner and surge protector that he had mentioned in passing while showing me the set once he finally rang up the sale. I told him that I thought it was lame that he 'automatically' added it to the sale without asking me first if I still wanted either item. I realize that retailers make a better margin of profit on accessories and such, and that the sales people are instructed to push such items.

Once it's all setup and hooked up to the new Yamaha HTR-5860 and Cerwin Vega E-710s I'm looking forward to enjoying a real 'home theater' experience!

Richard

Richard_A

Auditioning
I guess I'll wrap up this thread with a hearty thanks to all who replied. Hehe, it's all good, I got a great TV for a very good price, and the picture quality is everything I'd hoped it would be and more. The sheer size of the 65" is truly something to behold, especially when watching sports.

Richard

John S

Senior HTF Member
Did you get your entire HT setup????

I didn't respond because I was really waiting to read your impressions of the display.

So, you have caught some sports in HD???

What movies have you screened on it?

ect..ect..ect....

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
I am confused...the WS-65315 is a 65" not a 55"...whats the differnce with the WS-65815 that makes it cost $1000 more??

Dave Dahl

Stunt Coordinator
The big difference (and to my recollection the only performance difference) is that the 65" set has 9 inch CRT guns. This gives a surface area of 63.61 square inches vs the 38.48 square inches that the 7 inch guns on the 55" set offers. The upshot is that it's a much superior picture.

-Dave

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Dave, thanks but the WS-65315 is also a 65" TV. I am asking whats the difference between the 65315 and the 65813.

I am interested in the 65315. Richard said it was $1849 but he bought the 65813 for $2849. I am not sure why Richard said the 65315 is a 55" b/c its actually a 65" TV so they are both 65" TV's but one is $1000 more...

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Hey Richard, I am now also buying the 65813, can't wait to get it home!

Here's an excerpt of what one professional calibrator had to say about the set, that I thought you might be interested in reading:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks