Just Bought a Samsung TXM3096WHF

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dave Scarpa, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Totally an impulse buy was able to get a floot model for $699. Which I thought a great price for a 30" Widescreen set. Got it all hooked up and I'm very impressed. With some minor user adjustments, and a couple twaeks in Service mode to disable SVM and Red Push this set yields and Incredible picture from DVD's and a decent pic from my Digital and Analog cable. Now to get another DCT5100 from Comcast to check out actual High Definition... This set is an incredible buy for that price..

2. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

I've lived with one for about 2 months that I picked up new for $899. I have been very pleased with it so far. HD looks really good on it.

3. CharlieK

CharlieK Auditioning

I also just got a floor model of this set on Friday (April 4) at Best Buy for $719.99. In my opinion it look very good. Did my best to calibrate with Avia, although I think the red push may be a bit high. Dave, you said you were able to fix red push and disable VSM through the service menu. I was able to get to the service menu (mute, 1, 8, 2 power) but have no idea what anything does. If you could, Dave, could you please post how you did it. Thanks a bunch.

4. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    where did you find this one at that price?

I'm looking at this one too, but now that i hear the new samsungs are out soon I'm being good and waiting for a closeout price somwehere, but I'll take a FM for $700 lol.

My local BB has an open box (10% off retail) and the FM, but they arent selling that yet...

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Charlie you can tun off the SVM by setting the VM setting to 0, the Red Push isdefeated by setting Col Axis to 1. Check out Home Theater Spot's Samsung section for more tweaks. I did'nt think the red push all that bad but it Looked better afterward. Moe I tend to think the 719 Price is a price drop from Samsung because that the price two sears quoted me on the set. Still for what you get a pretty decent deal. I love the sound system on this set it sounds good on it's own, the lack of a 3:2 pulldown does'nt discourage me either I'm not sure I would see a huge difference with a progressive scan player on a set of this size and both players I've tried on the set, an older Pioneer and My Xbox looked really good.