What's new

Just bought a Panny PT47wx42! Some questions. (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Jael:

You 'zoom' DVDs aren't 'enchanced for widescreen tvs' aka 'anamorphic' because if you don't, on a widescreen TV, you will have a squished picture with the incorrect aspect ratio. You are merely zooming in on the picture to eliminate empty black bars, there is no picture loss.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Right. Zooming on a non-anamorphic DVD doesn't fix the problem. The non-anamorphic DVD's are in a 4:3 box, so you can't just zoom them, you have to un-squeeze them too, in order for the picture to fit the 16:9 space, right? This is the same for 1:85:1 and 2.35:1 as we understand that 2.35:1 have the grey bars on top and bottom.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
He was saying the same thing I was saying. We were not talking about non anamorphic, we are asking why would anyone zoom an anamorphic 2.35:1 dvd. I get asked a lot "why do I see small black bars on my widescreen set?" And they just zoom in so they don't see the black bars anymore.

I understand why you would zoom a non-anamorphic dvd, just don't know why you would zoom on an anamorphic dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks