Just a big THANK YOU.........

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Trace Ahlers, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Trace Ahlers

Trace Ahlers Stunt Coordinator

.........to HTF and all of its members.
    I finally finished my theater!![​IMG]
    (Sorry, no pics. No digital camera)
    I've checked into this forum everyday for months and culled many ideas and solutions from here and would never have been able to do it without you guys.[​IMG]
    Now I have two major problems!
    1)It will almost feel anti-climactic to actually use the theater now rather than work on it.
    2) How do I break myself of the habit of checking HTF every day? I can't be changing my mind and re-doing the whole thing all over again!!
    Thanks again.
    Trace

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Trace – no reason to "break the habit" - you can pass the info you’ve learned from your experience on to others. That’s the way this place works! [​IMG]

In between times – enjoy your theater!

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Trace,

I am considering organizing a 12 Step Program for HT Addicts like yourself.

Step One.
    Admit you are powerless to the obsessive desire for audio video nirvana.

Step Two.
    Realize that you are merely a weak individual in comparision to the strength and power of electronic corporations.

Step Three.
    .....uhhhhh...that's were I get confused.[​IMG] And find myself shopping for more gizmos and gadgets!!!

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Tell us something about your theatre and make sure to get those pics online when you can.

5. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

heh heh, Darren. I thought Step One was overcoming denial...

Trace-- how interesting--- I had the same anti-climactic experience when I first "finished" my HT. I threw a movie party about a week later though, which helped ward off the onset of depression. [​IMG] Also... if you consider that it's never truly finished, then you can keep some of that early excitement you had while working on it.

6. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

Trace,

I don't have a digital camera either, but when I get my 35mm film processed, I also get a CD rom. It'll work, too!

Now I wanna see some pics from you![​IMG]

Pam

7. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Women suffer something similar after childbirth called Post-Partum Depression. Can we claim a new disorder called Post-Construction Depression?

PATIENT: DOC! I am feeling blue! Kinda down since my theater was completed....sniff..sniff...What am I gonna do?

DOC: Buy a new receiver and call me in the morning! CLICK

8. Trace Ahlers

Trace Ahlers Stunt Coordinator

Darren,
    I wonder if insurance would cover the treatment!?
    "My theater was built by Blue Cross"[​IMG]

Neil,
    I don't have access to a camera, so no pix will be available, sorry.
    It's a kind of mix-n-match set-up
    Toshiba TW56D90 WS RPTV
    Pioneer LD player
    Toshiba SD-3109 dual-disc DVD player
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Athena AS-B2 LR speakers
    Older model Yamaha center (angles downward)
    Atlantic Technology 254 SR surrounds
    6 Aura bass shakers
    don't kill me.....one pair of leftover B-b-bose cubes for the rear center:b
    I built a seating platform for a row of 3 antique theater seats which includes a buddy bar for drinks, food and the remotes.
    I built a stage over the hearth of the fireplace, put the RPTV on top of it, built speaker staging out of threaded gas-pipe and bolted it to the stage. The LCR speaker assembly is attached to the staging and stick out past the front of the screen. I then built a frame around the screen in a trapezoidal shape and covered it in a funky blue & black fabric. The speakers look like they're suspended in mid-air. I hinged the right side of the frame so that I could access the equipment rack. The rack is set on a turn-table (lazy-susan) so that I can have easy access to the back of it.
    The really cool part is that I was able to rescue one of the exit doors from a local cineplex that closed. It has a porthole window and it's original hardware. It's now my new theater entry door.
    There are numerous little things I did for fun and convenience. I let my imagination run wild and found ways to adapt many things from home depot for the decor.
    All well worth it.
    And it even sounds good.[​IMG]
    Trace