What's new

Just 1 Movie (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
OK, I started something at work, and Steve threw down the gauntlet. So here we go.

You can watch just one movie for ever more. Just one. Of the following, which would you pick?

The Princess Bride

The Third Man

Lawrence of Arabia

The Apartment

Amelie

Children of Paradise

Miller's Crossing

Vertigo

Please choose from one of the movies on this list. Feel free to put which movie you'd pick if it isn't on this list as well.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well this is a worst case scenario sort of thing, but from that list it would have to be Lawrence of Arabia for me.
Amelie I haven't seen yet, and quite frankly not that interested in it (sorry Steeeeve);), but Vertigo mmmm nice.
Ben-Hur is my favorite movie, so I would prob pick that as an alternative to Lawrence, from recent films I wouldn't mind being stuck with the Lord of the Rings trilogy for ever more (quoth the Raven "nevermore").:)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
From your list, I'd pick Vertigo. However, given a choice from any movie, I'd pick The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
From that list I would pick Vertigo but my pick would be Pulp Fiction. Of course i'm glad I never have to make the decision for real.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Of the list I'd take Lawrence of Arabia but if I owned the upcoming Anchor Bay Dawn of the Dead set with all 3 versions I'd only watch that.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
From the list: Lawrence of Arabia
My personal choice: Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Cary T

Screenwriter
From the list I'd choose Amelie
Amelie is in my personal top 10 list, so outside of a list I'd consider it as well.

JessV

Agent
From the list: The Princess Bride.
Outside the list: either Pulp Fiction or All About Eve

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
From the list: Children of Paradise
Personally: Ikiru, while Taxi Driver is my favorite movie, if it was the only one I ever watched, I'd probably kill myself within a few months.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
List: Miller's Crossing

My choice: A.I. Artificial Intelligence

I haven't seen Amelie yet either. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that I don't speak French and I'll be damned if I'm going to read subtitles, it totally ruins the experience for me. So I guess it's my lost, too.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I'd take Vertigo from that list, and maybe Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, elsewise. After all, if I've seen a film 100 times and aren't bored with it yet, I think I can live the rest of my life only seeing that one.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'd take The Apartment AND Vertigo and then run away so nobody could catch me. :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I cannot understand why someone wouldn't be interested in seeing a film that has received so much praise.
I usually avoid European films like the plague, the only foreign language films I'm really interested in are Hong Kong and Japanese.
A friend of mine had lent me a dvd of Amelie a few months ago, which I had on my shelf for a month, I just couldn't work up interest to see it, I asked Sandra... nope, well I gave it back to my friend telling him we had both enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks