What's new

Jurassic Park Free DVD offer came today (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I got my free DVD. Thanks to all of you who sucked up all the copies of "Dragonheart," ;) I was sent "Bowfinger" instead. But, it's anamorphic WS and DTS, so I'm happy anyway. :) I checked back and found I sent in my requests around 1/3/02, so it took about 7-8 weeks.
Haven't got the JP bonus disc or case yet, but expect it soon.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Still nothing here and I mailed mine day after street. I dont know why this gets so frustrating but I just wish they would hurry up and get here already!

Must remain calm....take deep breaths....ahh much better now. Now where did I put my meds.

Colin

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Got my slipcase and JP making od DVD yesterday. No sign of Dragonheart or October Sky, and my check for that order remains uncashed. :frowning:
Thos.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Finally got my case and bonus disc today as well. Thank goodness I have a large mailbox..my case was in flawless condition. I already got my EDTV CE last month, so moy order is now complete.

Universal actually impressed me a bit on this offer. It has been one of the quicker turnarounds on a free disc I have experienced.

J

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
We can now consider me officially finished with the Jurassic Park III Free DVDs.
My free DVD came yesterday (Wednesday, February 27).
Yippee!

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Put me in the category of very unsatisfied customer. My free DVD arrived this week after only six weeks. The big problem was that the DVD I got was my 2nd choice. My first choice was Dragonheart. I did not give a rat's butt about any other choice even though I listed EDTV as my 2nd choice. I even included a note with my rebate form saying that I only wanted my 1st choice and if that was not available, to forget it and just send my $2.95 back. As soon as I get time, I will be making a nasty phone call.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Steve, why sell it instead of make a nasty phone call? Since the DVD is sealed, I'm sure you could make around $10 - $20 for it on eBay or what not. You'll be making a profit on something you only paid $2.95 on.
I got my free DVD the other day (Bowfinger) and there is still no sign of the slipcase and bonus DVD.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Steve,

While it may seem like it's something very easy to do, from an operations standpoint, it is a nightmare for them to do what you ask. These offers are stipped down, "don't think; just process" style operations.

And calling them about it isn't going to do you any good.

Regards,

Dan

Andy W

Stunt Coordinator
Mailed my paperwork in 12/17/01.
Received my first choice free DVD, Mercury Rising, on 2/27/02. A hole punch was made in the bar code area on the backside of the cover art sheet. The case was not damaged. The DVD plays fine.
Received Beyond Jurassic Park bonus DVD and cardboard case today, 3/1/02. The case was slightly bent in the flap end, but nothing major. Have not played this DVD yet.
Neither DVD was shrink wrapped. Both DVDs arrived safely locked on their hubs.
Here’s wishing you all get your freebies soon.
(Edit add)
P.S. – The offers say, “Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery [for the bonus disc and collectible case]” and, “Please allow 10-12 weeks for processing [for the free DVD].” Both arrived within their stated time period.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I finally got my 4th JP bonus DVD but no sign of my free cataloge title (which I don't care about anyway).

Questions for those that viewed the Bonus JP Disc.

On the back they prominently mention deleted scenes, yet I can't find any menu item for that.

I would love to see deleted scenes on JP I.

I haven't seen the featurettes yet but I would think they would have the deleted scenes (if any) seperate.

Doug

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
No sign of my box set either.

I did receive my free DVD (2nd choice EDTV) on Wednesday. I know for a fact both checks were cashed a few weeks ago.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Mailed my stuff in Jan. 3. Got my BJP disc and box today. Box has a couple of slight creases and a few dings but not too bad. Haven't received October Sky yet. Assume it'll be here shortly, hopefully tommorrow as we're about to get snowed in.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Received my bonus disc and the box (in fair shape) today. About two weeks after I received my copy of The Hurricane (with scratched UPC)

Funny since the return address for Gage Marketing is in Kankakee, IL which isn't that far from Chicago and it still took three months.

-Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks