What's new

Jurassic Park Free DVD offer came today (1 Viewer)

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's a matter of having so many of the offers to fill. I sent mine 2 months ago, and still havn't got it. But I sent off the free DVD offer that came with the Family Man, before the offer expired at the end of January, just a little over two weeks ago, and got my free DVD from that offer today.

Derek

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Robert EB .... We're on the exact same page here!! Got mine (Dragonheart also) today! They must have sent a batch out at the exact same time. The wait for me was right at 8 weeks (Dec. 15).
Who else chose Dragonheart for the freebie (actually $2.25 for S&H)?
This selection was by far the best [value-wise]! A $32 savings over MRP!! Not a bad deal.
Still looking for the extra JPIII disc/box. Hope it's in better condition than some others you guys have received!
Package I got today says it came from Kankakee, IL.
Thought that kinda strange. Thought it would be from California for some reason. Universal have a facility in Kankakee?
(BTW...Be careful when opening your freebie pkg. ... Mine arrived in a paper envelope with very dusty packing material! Reminded me exactly what it looks like inside a used vacuum cleaner bag! Not many places ship items in this type package. I can see why!) :angry:

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Still waiting for the bonus DVD and for "October Sky." I mailed payment in the day after JPIII hit the stores. I don't even think my check was cashed yet, I'll have to go back and research it.

Damn, I'm getting tired of waiting!

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,my copy of Dragonheart also came in the mail today and it too was damaged big time!All the way down to the paper sleeve!I was planning on selling mine since none of the other movies appealed to me or I already owned them and now it is worth practically nothing.I know it was basically free,but damaged through 3 layers of plastic and into the case it inexcusable.The question is,is there anything we can do about it?Maybe a number to call?If anyone has any info or similar problems please let us know.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing! My Dragonheart is slightly damaged too!
They're obviously using all the partially damaged/dented copies as the freebie discs.
I got lucky though .... the disc looks fine. But the back of the slick has a couple holes in it. Yes...looks liked it was burned! Crazy! The keepcase has a burn mark on it as well. But it was an awful Alpha case anyway...so that would have ended up in the trash anyhow. I nearly always change out the cases for new Amarays. Because the shrink-wrapping almost always warps/ruins the nice once-pristine cases! (Anybody else hate this warping of a keepcase inlay sleeve??!! :angry: )

Shane Acker

Agent
Still haven't received anything yet from either of these offers. Checks haven't been cashed. I am starting to get a little pissed at Fox because of the free DVD offer that was in my Die Hard collection. They cashed my check months ago and I still haven't gotten anything.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My Dragonheart came in today and the part of the plastic sleeve is ripped! A portion in the upper lefthand corner and upper righthand corner of the back has been torn off. Fortunately, the disc in in mint shape.

Obviously, they gave us damaged cases. Since it was free through the Best Buy offer, it only cost me a stamp.

And, yes, it looks like the plastic on the case was burned!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I think the free discs are scored in the upper right hand corner of the back of the case to mark them as promotional copies. This is similar to promotional CDs with a notch out of the case or a stamp on them saying "for promotional use only".

Regards,

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Dave H-
You are lucky you got the DVD.
I called Universal right after I got home with
my JP Boxed set regarding the offer because I noticed
that what BestBuy said I needed to do and what Universal
had printed up was different. When I asked the
CS rep about it, she said BestBuy had screwed up
big time, and should not have printed out their
certificate they way they did.
She told me they might not be honoring the BestBuy
things. I am glad they did. My ass is still chapped
from when I got my proofs of purchase back from FOX
with the PLANET OF THE APES :EVOLUTION SET marked
"not valid." :angry:
By the time I found out FOX had screwed up, and
that I should've gotten my free DVD, it was too late
to do anything about it. :frowning:
Mark

Alex S

Second Unit
I received my copy of Dragonheart yesterday and the back upper right corner (where the upc code is) is damaged.
It looks like it was deliberately done. Someone cut thru the upc code and into the case.
:angry:

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I just got rejected by Gage/Universal myself.
They sent back my $2.25 check and my BestBuy paperwork saying it didn't meet their terms. Plus I had forgotten to include that little tiny proof found inside the Jurassic 3 booklet.
So now I have to re-do the whole thing and send in everything all over again just to get a bad movie (I wanted VIRUS).
I hate rebates and it always seems to be GAGE MARKETING that is very anal about these rebates even with checks/receipts etc.
grrrrrr
JohnG:thumbsdown:

I received my 'free' DVD Tuesday, 2/19/02. The case was also 'scraped'at the UPC symbol. I had sent in for the DVD offer on Dec. 27th.

Steve

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
You are lucky you got the DVD.

I called Universal right after I got home with

my JP Boxed set regarding the offer because I noticed

that what BestBuy said I needed to do and what Universal

had printed up was different.
The Best Buy rebate forms from in-store receipts had a different PO Box than the form in the Universal case, so I assumed that the slightly different terms would be no problem. Anyone who followed the instructions on the Best Buy rebate form should have had no problem.

Regards,

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Got my freebie disc today but I'm still waiting on the 4th JP disc and box.
When filling out the Best Buy printed form for the free disc I mistakenly checked off Dragonheart for my first choice and October Sky for my second pick. I really wanted them the other way around but I didn't want to fool with scribbling it out which might give them an opportunity to mess up my order. Guess what...I got October Sky in the mail. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks