What's new

June 20 Bryan Singer's Look Up in The Sky : The Amazing Story of Superman (1 Viewer)

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
This was a very entertaining DVD. Wasn't quite as good as the Star Wars doc featured on the OT box set, but that may just be because I'm not a huge Superman fan. But it still held my interest, and I can only imagine it would seem even better to deihard fans.

There's a lot of great, old footage on this disc, and what's even better is that it can be found for about ten bucks at most retailers. My only complaint about the doc was, when they reached the show "Smallville" and it's part in Superman's history, it started to feel like a commercial for that show. They just seemed to linger too long on that, in my opinion.

Still, overall a great DVD.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

I watched it tonight, good not great documentary. Packed with fascinating info on the Superman Mythos. But I felt it was overlong at nearly 2 hours. And I had the same feelings about the Smallville segment, it went on for far too long. Had me wondering if the producers of that show had a hand in this documentary.

Loved all the outtakes and bloopers from Superman the Movie, I don't remember seeing them on the 2-disc special edition Superman dvd.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If you missed it on A&E, check your local cable listings because it's being broadcast on The History Channel one night next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks