What's new

Jumpers for with bi-wire capable speakers (1 Viewer)

Bo-Cephus

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
Question about the best way to wire my B&W DM601 rear speakers. I've read some discussions about the merits/non-merits of bi-wiring, and I've bi-wired my fronts and center (not that much extra cost since they're short distances). It appears that at best the difference in sound to me (especially for rears) would be negligible, so I am going to single-wire these. My question is the jumpers between the speaker inputs. I don't have the original brass connectors that came with the 601's, but I've read it's ok to use the same wire that goes between the receiver and the speaker. Is this in fact true? I'm using 14 gauge "Carol Cable", and distance between the receiver and speakers looks like about 20' of wire (if that matters). Any suggestions?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Using a short piece of speaker wire should be fine. I can't imagine the jumper would provide any better signal than 6" of 14ga cable.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Shortest possible is fine, but don't work so hard making it short that you mess up the cable. Even if it is, say, 6 inches, that won't be much different than if it's 2 inches . . . certainly not audible in any way.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
using high-quality speaker wire (or prefereably what you are currently using) between high-low is best). not all jumpers sound that great.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks