What's new

Judge Dredd: Dredd Reckoning, and Judge Dredd: Possession movies? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Great news!...maybe.
Hopefully they will do it right this time (by which I mostly mean NO STALLONE). The 1995 movie had the look down cold but was clueless about the tone. I mean, honestly, what in the name of god was Stallone doing in a movie about Judge Dredd? Who thought that was a good idea? And Rob Schneider? Ugh...
confused.gif

If they can get the wacked-out, half-camp ironic tone right a Dredd movie could really kick ass. Bring on Judge Death! Man, wouldn't a movie dealing with the whole Judge Caligula storyline be cool, too?
biggrin.gif

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
If they can get the wacked-out, half-camp ironic tone right a Dredd movie could really kick ass

I seem to be completely alone in thinking this, but I thought they DID get that right, mostly... they shouldn't have shown Dredd's face (I understand why they did it), but otherwise I really liked the movie. Schneider's character didn't bother me, and there are similar characters in the comics.
Too bad it didn't do well financially though, but I'd like to see some sequels.
/Mike

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I just hope in the sequels, they at keast show the character's hair and clothes blow about when they are racing on their flying motorbikes. I enjoyed the original version as a guilty pleasure film.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie
[Edited last by Neil Joseph on October 27, 2001 at 01:23 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks