JS popup window problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Reno, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

For almost a year I have stumped the IT department at work as well as several programmers I know with this problem! I am using IE 5.5 on my two computers at work as well as my computer at home. When I click on a link that is supposed to open a small window using JS, nothing happens 99% of the time. I can give several examples where nothing happens:
    www.edgeaudio.com - the five links listed under the heading "New at EdgeAudio"
    http://www.onkyousa.com/support.cfm - selecting "Product Registration" from the menu on the left under "Support Options"
    Just to eliminate the usual suspects, I have double checked Internet Options to ensure that "Scripting of Java Apps" is enabled. I also re-installed IE5.5. I have tried everything I can think of as well as every recommendation of my IT dept. at work. I tried to uninstall IE5.5 but when I chose IE5.5 from "Add/Remove Programs" there is no "Uninstall" option available.
    Short of doing an "fdisk" and reinstalling everything from scratch, any recommendations?!?!

2. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

3. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Ric,
    Thanks for the reply, but all three selections under "Scripting" are enabled! I also recently downloaded and reinstalled IE 5.5 SP1. Any other suggestions?

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Dennis:
    Have you checked with Sun to see what they have to say about this? It sounds to me like you don't have the javascript loaded onto your computer and you need to install the scripts.
    Just an idea.
    Parker