Journeyman - season 1 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Inspector Hammer!, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Meant to respond to this earlier and forgot. It wasn't something that really had to be figured out. If you've still got a recording, go back and look at the shot. Dan hefts the pocket of the jacket and pats the other side of it so obviously to convey to Katie (and the audience) that he's found the money and understands what she did that I was afraid the FBI guys were going to notice! [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I thought it was strange that the camera was zooming on the $20 bill that Jack used at the bar. I just assumed it was showing some irony, or something. I know that Jack wants to help Dan, but I never imagined that Jack would break the law to help him.

The screen captures really helped me understand that. I recorded the show. I will have to watch those two scenes again to see it myself.

3. NeilO

NeilO Producer

The Fed just left the $20 bill there and since he already considered it to be evidence that Jack had already tampered with in the past, maybe he thought it was useless anyway.

Neil

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Being a Doctor Who and Back to the Future fan...I love time travel, but just thinking about this stuff makes my brain hurt.

does this now mean there are two of each bill in the 70's?
    (If before the hijacking)

5. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Well, if it happened before the hijacking, that money would never have been available for the hijacking, so different money would end up being used for that.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Anyone find it funny how this show has turned into "follow the money" (my apologies to Deep Throat).

7. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

Lets just say(for argument sake[​IMG]) that Dylan's hijacking took place in 1976

hippie robbery took place in 1973

If Dan took money from 1976 and brought it to 1973.

That money Dan gave to the hippies in the robbery, would be in police evidence storage(I'm assuming)

but there's still that money that Dylan takes in 1976. (Dylan still takes the same cash he ORIGINALLY did in timeline history)

so, would there still be two sets of each of those bills?

See...this time travel thinking gives me a headache.
    I haven't done this much thinking since the stellar episode of Doctor Who Blink

8. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Well, it does fit in with all the Nixon stuff. [​IMG]

I'm not sure how much of a time lag there was between the resignation and the robbery - but I do know that the offical show website puts the Dylan McKleen hijacking in 1975. If the robbery is before the hijacking, the cash would have ended up in with the cops - but as what? It would have been obvious that all the cash didn't come from the store, the resgister receipt and the books would have ruled that out. And it wouldn't have been needed as evidence, since the robbers were all dead and there wasn't going to be a trial. Eventually it would have been forfeited to the municipality that had jurisdiction.

So - what if when a hijacker with hostages at a near-by airport demanded a huge amoung of cash on short notice, somebody remembered all those bills in the evidence locker, made up the rest of the ransom amount from other sources (which would include the bill that Jack took from Dan's), and stuffed it in the bag that went to Dylan! [​IMG] The Feds or somebody would have reimbursed them - and all the serial numbers would have been recorded before the money was handed over. (I know, I'm overthinking again. [​IMG])

You have to admit - it would explain everything.

Regards,

Joe

9. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    I could have sworn the "other girl" in the robbery survived.

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

She did. She was cuffed and stuffed. Or, come up with a better rhyme for "cuffed."

This is pretty good. Usually, talk about a weekly show is limited to the night it airs or the very next day, unless the show is called Heroes or Lost. This money thing is keeping this show on our mind all week.

11. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

Yeah, it is pretty cool.
    So, If I'm understanding right...

The money that Dan threw at the hippies, was accounted for by the cops,
    cops figured out it wasn't part of the stores money.
    The money then goes back in the public system...which is the same money Dylan steals, then in turn which Dylan gives to Dan...
    Then Dan takes the money to 1974 to set in motion

so if Dan never threw the money in 1974 there would be no money for Dyaln to steal??

Am I right that Dylan has to steal the same money(Original time line money) or else there would be no money to steal?...

those of you that watch Doctor Who, and saw the Blink episode..
    it's sort of like how Doctor Who knew what the girl was going to say only because of what notes she left, but only because of Doctor Who telling her the situation(or to that effect...it's been awhile since I last saw it)

12. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    This is a series I probably would pick up on DVD, with the large amount of music the series is using I wonder if they are clearing it as they go along or will we get changed music in the set?

13. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

TIME TRAVEL=
    [​IMG]

Seriously, I have been recording this show onto dvd. Just in case it doesn't come out on dvd. [​IMG]

14. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

Me too. That's how I was able to get screen grabs of the money.
    A show like this you need it available for multiple viewings.

sadly there are only two more episodes [​IMG]

We need Dan to go back and stop the strike.
    I have a feeling this is going to be a casualty from it.

15. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

If (god forbid) the show gets cancelled. I hope the producers are cool enough to post what the story was behind his travels.

16. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa

Is it in danger of cancellation or are we nearing the end of the scripts ordered. I think if NBC Cancels this I'm done with watching network shows until they come on DVD and get a renewal, I'm tired of investing my time and having them pull the plug

17. NeilO

NeilO Producer

We are probably nearing the end of scripts written. Three extra scripts were ordered (~ October 10) before the strike started. This is one show that was listed in an article I read today. It was about shows that the networks are letting stay on longer than they would otherwise because of the strike. Despite, less than stellar ratings they are keeping it on because they want the new material on the air.

Neil

18. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Just when this show is getting good, and we're getting great information.

Ideas I would have loved to see...

Dan going back to 1948(Livia's time period)
    some type of accident when Dan and Livia switch places and Livia is stuck in 2007 and Dan is stuck in 1948

Livia having to travel to the farther future to help Dan's Son(older version of him in about his 20's)

Dan actually traveling to the plane accident that Livia was involved in

Dan accidentally taking his son Zack into the past and loosing him(traveling back into the future without him)

maybe Dan interfering with past Dan and past Katie so Zack wasn't born
    (ALA Back to the Future)

19. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

Probably occurred to me because I just lost my dog, but how about an episode where Dan goes to his childhood home and sees his beloved dog alive. That could be a pretty wrenching scene.

20. Will_B

Will_B Producer