JOURNEY BACK TO OZ DVD question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jo_C, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

I've tried a few forums but have not gotten any response, so here goes right here...I just rented BCI Eclipse/Entertainment Rights' DVD edition of " Journey Back To Oz", and while it is great to see this finally on DVD, it's not without its flaws.

For one, it is time compressed by 4% (I read somewhere that the former owners of Filmation only digitalized this and the rest of their library for PAL and not NTSC, then discarded the original film elements). And also, much to my disappointment, not all of the Bill Cosby segments used in the extended television version is included.

Like the rest of you, I discovered "Journey Back To Oz" on television, where it played on ABC and in syndication's SFM Holiday Network, in its extended TV version. Why it was not included on the DVD is beyond me.

I also contacted Andy Mangels, the producer of the DVD to explain, but have not gotten any response.

Can any of you fans shed some light on the subject and where I can track down all of the TV version for me?

Thanks.

hiphats@comcast.net