What's new

John Woo retrospective in Calgary July 18-20, 2003 (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...24/0624115.htm

Presented by the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (Canada)(HKETO), with the full support of Fairchild Radio FM94.7 in Calgary as its producer, the HKFF entitled "Gems from Asia's Hollywood - A Retrospect of John Woo" will be screened on July 18, 19 and 20 at The Uptown (612-8th Avenue SW) in Calgary. Proceeds of the film festival will be donated to Alberta Children's Hospital.
The seven films to be showcased at Calgary's Uptown theatre on July 18, 19 and 20 are: Hard-Boiled, Shaolin Men, To Hell with the Devil, The Killer (subject to change), Laughing Times, A Better Tomorrow and A Better Tomorrow II.

Who else is going? :)

(listens to the silence)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Max,

I would certainly attend if I lived in Calgary; my sister does, so maybe in the future if there's a big one with talent attending, I may consider it.

I'm assuming John Woo isn't attending. :)

Jason

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Years ago, Mr. John Woo attended a similar event at the Seattle Art Museum and he was extremely gracious. After each showing (I went to screenings of THE KILLER and HARD BOILED) he stood outside and signed everything everyone brought. I had him sign a photo of his "trademark" guns pose from THE KILLER and it's a treasured item.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks