What's new

John Wayne-John Ford Collection & John Ford Collection: 06-06-06 (1 Viewer)

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
Wait wait wait... So Dvd of The Searchers included in the Boxset is NOT the 50th Anniversaryy ULTIMATE Edition but rather the 50th Anniversary SPECIAL Edition??? A look on the boxset photo certainly say otherwise....

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Ultimate Edition is part of the boxset! I really don't understand the confusion about this issue.

Crawdaddy

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Warners has been clear about it from the start. Here's the wording as posted on DVD Times, which I assume is straight from the press release:

Jon Baker

Second Unit

Too bad. You'd think an Ultimate Edition would include a sturdy keepcase and not some flimsy cardboard digipak. I hate when they do that shit.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Depending on the packaging, I might just go ahead and buy both afterall. I guess the UCE would have to be relatively the same size as a keepcase if it's going to be included in a box with 7 others...

Unless it's some really special faux leather bound package or something that looks really classy - which judging by the pictures, I doubt very much - I'll be replacing that with the keepcase version which suits the style of the box much better and matches the rest of the movies. Plus I dig the cover way more. I'll just slide the physical extras into the end of the box and sell the digi.

I really would've expected it to be packaged the opposite way... like Giant from the James Dean set where it was the digipak that was offered individually. Would've made more sense that way...

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Warner did the same with the Wizard of Oz 2- and 3-disc editions. I like the digipaks a lot more.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
looks to me like it will be packaged similar to the cases used on last years Universal Legacy sets (the Sting, Deer Hunter, etc). i wouldn't be surprised if it had some kind of textured surface.

personally though, i'm not a fan of either style here. The remaster laserdisc had far superior art (imo) and i'm pretty disappointed in what Warner came up with here.
But it doesn't matter much since i'll be going for the HD version anyway.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
This is going to be a great set, I can't wait to get it in my hands on June 6th. I am very glad to see that Warner is doing another Mail Theatrical Poster Like they did with King Kong, I have mine framed and hanging up right now. I hope that this type of promotion continues with other sets down the road. Does anybody know which poster its going to be and its size? I hope its just as good as the King Kong poster which was absolutely brilliant

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

they will. it's on the schedule. what's more, they've have already said that all (or most- but i could have sworn it was all-) of the upcoming 2 disc SEs will be day and date SD/HD releases.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I bought the 3 Godfathers a few months back at Target, even so I'll be springing for the set and I'll sell my old copy of the Searchers and 3 Godfathers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks