What's new

John Wayne-John Ford Collection & John Ford Collection: 06-06-06 (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's the worst cover for the finest film in the set IMHO; unlike Warners to go both 'big head' and spoiler, in simply reproducing the art for the VHS release.

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
Does any website have a hi-resolution shot of the artwork for Stagecoach? My eyes are nearly blind just squinting at the tiny icon featured on the boxset photo.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone confirm 100% what the difference between the UCE of 'The Searchers' and the above pictured Two-Disc S.E. will be?

Is it simply the original Dell comic reprod. and press book?

I don't want to have to buy both versions since I'm getting the box set undoubtedly, and I for some reason happen to be one of the few who seem to prefer the art on the box set version anyway... but I'd really like to get the comic and press book!

I wonder how these will be sized in comparisson to one another? It would be nice if I could somehow fit these extras into the box, or at least the press book and photos.

I really can't wait for this release!!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Over and above the features as announced for the 2-disc SE, as DVD Times says, the UCE (which comes in the box set) will also contain 'a full color 36-page press book, a 36-page reproduction of the original Dell comic book, filmmaker memos and correspondence, several behind-the-scenes photos and a mail-in theatrical poster.'

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why Marco? The UCE comes in the box, so you will be missing nothing?

BTW DVD Times has added the art for Stagecoach and completed the specs for the Ford/Wayne set here; as predicted no change in the specs for SWAYR, or indeed They Were Expendable, which is something of a surprise, trailers only for 3 Godfathers and The Wings of Eagles, which is disappointing - I would have thought that on either 'Expendable' or 'Eagles' there was an opportunity for Warners to produce a featurette on Ford's war years.

The Searchers says 'Newly remastered and restored from original VistaVision film elements' (ooh mama...), while Stagecoach is 'Newly remastered from best available film elements' (fingers crossed). The extra features look peachy, and I have high hopes for Fort Apache.

This, and the John Ford set, can't come quick enough...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

But it's one of my favorite films and I'd really like to have the press booklets and Dell Comic reproduction.. I'm especially interested in the latter because I've never seen it before and it sounds really interesting.

I guess I don't need both, but I'm compulsive and will likely buy them anyway... even though I probably can't afford it.

I'll just end up selling the standalone UCE minus the few physical extras I find interesting.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
That IS the version included in the box set.

The Ultimate Collectors Edition will likely be some deluxe digipak foldout. The artwork for both can be found on page 3 linking to the announcement at DVDTimes.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Marco; maybe I'm being a little dim here, I'm a little confused - can you just confirm for me that you understand that the 'Ultimate Collectors Edition' will be included in the box set?

Jon Baker

Second Unit
There's a pic of the box set which shows that the Searchers Ultimate Edition is indeed included (a box set within a box set). I'm just wondering if within the Searchers Ultimate Edition it will include the same keepcase and cover art (shown above) or is it going to be some crappy cardboard foldout with trays.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Okay guys, as far as I know, here's the deal...

The '50th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition' as posted just above, is what will be included in the Ford box set collection. That's the only version of The Searchers that will be in the set. No other options. To clarify, that's the single-sized double keepcase version.

Seperately from that, there will be the 'Ultimate Collector's Edition', which is a box in itself featuring the same contents as well as a number of physical extras including reproductions of the original press booklet, the dell comic book, exclusive publicity stills and set photos, etc. From the pictures I've seen, this looks to be a thin box with what I can only imagine would be some sort of digpak enclosed within. Think of the reissue of "Big Fish" that came in the cardboard box with the book... only knowing Warners, they will surely have a deluxe foldout digipak inside. I imagine it'll be much like The Wizard Of Oz 3-Disc packaging, only slightly thinner.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WAIT, Hold On!!

You guys are on to something here...

Look at the first thumbnailed cover image on the box!

It appears as though this will indeed be packaged just like the "Big Fish" reissue I comparitively mentioned above, with an outer box encasing a two-disc keepcase. I think all available copies will be packaged with both covers seen above... the brown outer case and the 50th Anniversary artwork with the headshot in the sunset. So I guess I won't have to purchase two copies afterall!

Thank you WB!!

It looks like we're getting everything with this boxset!

Perhaps the standalone will just feature the keepcase version though?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks