What's new

John Ritter dies (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
What a shame; I'd been holding out hope that after 8 Simple Rules finished its run, he'd get a chance to do a drama. I'd really been liking him as a guest star for the past few years.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am still in shock of this news. I am also "bummed out" because I am the same age as John Ritter.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Very, very shocking news. Couldn't believe it when I heard on the radio this morning.

My God, he was a young guy! Only 54. No history of heart problems before this. And he collapses on the set of 8 Simple Rules just like that.

Unbelievable. Unfortunately, when it's your time to go, there's nothing you can do about it.

I will miss him very much. Very talented actor.

R.I.P. John. Thank you for the laughs.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I'm too young to really know Cash, but I remember watching some of Three's Company when I was young. Even sports radio this morning was at a loss for words.

HERE

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to add that John's father, Tex Ritter, was a famous cowboy star and country singer. Unfortunately ironic that another great country singer Johnny Cash leaves us during the same day.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I am shocked!! John Ritter is one of the finest physical comedian EVER, in my opinion. And that unfortunately overshadowed his work in dramatic roles. Anyone remember his creepy guest role on Law & Order: SVU last season? Agree on "Hero At Large". I still watch the "Three's Company" reruns, and to me, it's way funnier than almost all TV comedies out there. Anyone remember the camping episode of "Three's Company"?

You will be sorely missed, Mr Ritter. RIP. :frowning:

Edit: I am REALLY depressed now.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm shocked too.

If you haven't seen the shot-on-video film, Tadpole, rent it this weekend (also with Bebe Neuwirth). A fine (albeit slight) dramatic role for an actor known mostly for comedies, and you could see he was relishing the opportunity.

He was also so good (and creepy!) in his guest appearance on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He also came back for the supplements they recorded for the Buffy DVDs, which I thought was really nice of him.

I loved Blade Edwards's Skin Deep (and am sorry the studio didn't produce the commentary track they'd announced).

And though it was a small bit, the Larry Sanders Show guest appearance was good too.

The news report sounded like it was a very painful and sudden way to die. When I first saw the headline I was shocked and thought that maybe he had cancer and had just been hiding it... I don't know what's worse but all I know for sure is we lost a really talented guy who seems to have really enjoyed performing. Heaven is getting a lot of good talent lately.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Not since George Harrison's passing have I been so saddened by the loss of an entertainer. From Three's Company to his guest appearances in The Cosby Show and Buffy to hosting the recent TV Land Awards, he always made me smile. I never watched 8 Simple Rules, but I was still glad that he was back in the game.

Rest in peace, John. :frowning:

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
R.I.P. Mr. Ritter.

In memory of your passing, I'll watch the underrated and underappreciated Buffy episode, "Ted", today.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Some days it doesn't pay to turn on the TV in the morning! John Ritter always seemed like a nice guy. I'm going to spin IT this weekend and watch some 3's Company. RIP, Mr. Ritter. You went way too soon!

Hunter P

Screenwriter
My fav John Ritter movie is Real Men. It's sort of a rip off of The In-Laws but funny in its own right.

Favorite line:
:laugh: :laugh:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I too was one of the few fans of Real Men. I always thought of Mr. Ritter as an underrated performer. He was very funny. R.I.P

Hunter, I loved that line too:)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Wow. Just wow. I'm shocked. This year we're losing incredible amounts of talent and within the past 24 hours we lose John Ritter and Johnny Cash.

I grew up watching Three's Company. There isn't an episode I haven't seen of the show or its various spin-offs. John Ritter was amazingly funny. I don't know what else to say because I thought so highly of him he seemed like family to me. I don't know whether to feel sad or pissed right now because we lost this great man. I guess I feel both.

It's Black Friday.

RIP, John. :frowning:

And thank you for the many years of happiness you brought the world through your fantastic comedic nature.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
It's a sad loss. RIP John.

Hero at Large was one of my childhood favorites. No chance now of a Ritter commentary :frowning:

Like most of you, I heard the news on the radio. I was still in bed and didn't process the news that was just told very well. I was completely shocked, this is the guy I watched when I was very young, someone who made me laugh all the time. To me he was a childhoood icon like john candy was. He will be truly missed.

:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks