What's new

John Frankenheimer to make EXORCIST prequel? (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure this is already in pre-production, so I do believe it will happen. I think it was greenlit after seeing the relatively good numbers for The Exorcist, The Version You've Never Seen Before.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Give me a break!
eek.gif

I mean what are they gonna show, how Satan grew up in Denver wih his working class father and alchoholic mother and how all the kids at school used to beat him up because he had red skin and a tail!?!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento
[Edited last by John Williamson on September 08, 2001 at 06:37 AM]

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Eeeeeeee.....not a good idea & just goes to show once again how strapped for new or indeed any ideas Hollywood is.
Dumb.
I read somewhere (I don't remember where) a few months ago that they are thinking about remaking The Wicker Man and setting it in Oregon or Maine.
rolleyes.gif

Shit, take the money you would spend on a new version and give it to ILM or someone and see if they can digitaly reconstruct the 1 inch video transfer of the lost footage to a higher level, I'm sure they (with enough cash & time) could do something like this...boy I'd bet it would cost a pretty penny though.
------------------
-Kevin M.
"Have a good time all the time........that's my philosophy, Marty."
[Edited last by Kevin M on September 08, 2001 at 10:20 AM]

Kenneth English

Second Unit
This just in -- Liam Neeson to star!
Link Removed
Apparently this is really going to happen. Who knows -- it might actually not suck...

RicP

Screenwriter
I mean what are they gonna show, how Satan grew up in Denver wih his working class father and alchoholic mother and how all the kids at school used to beat him up because he had red skin and a tail!?!
Well, first of all as I'd hope you'd know, it was most certainly NOT Satan that was possesing Regan. The demon was named Pazuzu and was a lower demon who had aspirations of grandeur.
Also, if you've read the novel, you know that Father Merrin had a history with this particular demon, some of which is alluded to in the beginning shots of the film. The demon essentially picked Regan because it was a chance to get back at Merrin, who had exorcised it previously.
If the script is tight and sticks to the backstory as conceived by Blatty, then I think that this could work very well. I'm interested to see who they get to play a young Von Sydow, and if that actor can pull it off.
I for one am interested to see how well they can pull this story off, it certainly is compelling.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Well apparently Fr.Merrin is Neeson's role.
Why don't they just have Von Sydow play Merrin? He still doesn't look as old now as they made him up to look in '73.
This could be a great movie or an even bigger turd than E2 and 3.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I can't think of a better example of a once great director, who has since sold out... BIG TIME, than John Frankenheimer. If you wanna know how bad this is gonna be watch The Island of Dr. Moreau, Ronin, Reindeer Games etc......

Gavin K

Stunt Coordinator
And if you want to see how a great director maintains greatness, look at Reindeer Games (both cuts), Ronin, Andersonville, Against the Wall, Year of the Gun, and the Fourth War.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
has anyone here seen the EXORCIST III? I think it is a GREAT movie. The only problem with it is that it's credibility is taken away by the fact that is is a sequel. The could hav retooled the script and made it a movie on its on merit, without being an EXORCIST sequel, and It would be more highly regarded I think. I think the same could be true for DOMINION, take the great talents of FRANKENHEIMER, CARR, and NEESON, and make an original movie!
Wow! I should own a studio!
PITCH MAN: ok here's my idea, weve got john frankenheimer directing a Caleb Carr screenplay, starring Liam Neeson as a priest dealing with a posesssion!
STUDIO MAN: I love it! That sounds great! What's it called?
PITCH MAN: EXORCIST 4!
STUDIO MAN: YUCK. Are you insane?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks