What's new

John Ford at Fox: 21 disc set in December!!! (2007) (1 Viewer)

ted:r

Second Unit

Well, that changes things. I wish Corey had correctly attributed his source (unless he is Dave Kehr, of course). I read Kehr regularly in the Times and will accept his word. Yes!

I do have to say that though I am very pleased that this set will be released, I'm very mystified at the reasoning of the marketing. Just how many John Ford completists are out there?

Corey

Screenwriter
This little heart of mine still has PLENTY of love for Warners. I wasn't bashing them and I always look forward to what they're releasing.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

I don't know, but I suspect there are a fair number of folks who'll take the dive since all these films are together in one place. I know I will.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
While a great big Ford set is all well and good, I cannot imagine Fox won't release some of the more high profile previously unreleased titles (ie - The Iron Horse, Prisoner of Shark Island) as stand-alones as well.

After all, I am certain there are lots of folks out there who don't want to (and won't) spring for a big expensive box set (with a dozen or more titles many of us already have) just to get a few desired titles. I know that I'm one.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

Count me in as a John Ford fan.

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Wow...I'm just finishing up a biography on Ford, and after reading about all his early FOX films, this would be a dream come true!

He was a mean sadistic SOB, but there will never be a more talented director to walk the face of the earth again.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I like the idea of the subsets so that those of us who already own some of the titles won't have to double dip.

Now if Fox could just move up the release date a little. Say early November, just in time for the semi annual DD 20% off sale...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip Oscar but I have issues with PAL that I won't go into here.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Amazing news. I just bought "Drums Along the Mohawk", and "What Price Glory" in the recent DDD 20% off sale, but I guess I'll trade them when this fantastic sounding dream-come-true mega-set comes out. Gotta start saving up for this one...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Knowing Fox, the subsets will spread the double-dips out among them so you're stuck regardless. I can't imagine how many of the $299 sets they think they're going to sell (though I expect they'll sell one to me :D).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I only own a couple of Fords fox titles, if this sells for under $300 (usually always discounted on presales) I might take a crack at it.

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
This is a dream come true. This set is a bargain at $300 considering I never thought many of these films would see the light of an official release. For years the majority of Ford's work was unavailable, and now we are living in the salad days of Film accessibility. Imagine what this would have cost on Laserdisc. Now if Warners would release the remaining titles they hold such as Wagonmaster and 7 Women. This should be placed in every public library in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks