What's new

John Ford at Fox: 21 disc set in December!!! (2007) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hopefully, you'll get it soon. Also, I'm thinking that once everybody gets their boxset that we have a John Ford appreciation thread in which we watch every film in the boxset then post our comments on it after each film is viewed. Anybody interested in such an endeavor?

Crawdaddy

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I'm game. I've only previously seen about 1/4 of the titles in this box, so it sounds like a good challenge.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I'd be game, for sure! It would be like the scary movie challenge, but not scary. I was thinking of starting the set in chrono order next week since I have it off. I keep track of what I watch anyways on facebook and that, be more fun to do it here.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's great!

This is a question for everybody. Do we watch his work from his earliest film in the boxset to the last one in the boxset that he directed, that way, we see his evolution as a director? Also, regarding the frequency of watching all of the films. Do we do a film a week until we're done?

Crawdaddy

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm for starting at the earliest film and going up from there. I tend to watch all my boxsets that way, regardless of theme. Always interesting to se how the films change as the years go by, either by genre or film maker/actor.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
anyword when we're starting the john ford watching club? This set is staring at me on the shelf, and starting to talk to me in my sleep :P

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How about the day after Christmas we start watching the documentary then next week we start watching his oldest directed film until they're all done? Actually, you can watch as many films as you want, but we will talk about one film a week until we're done. Is that fine with everyone?

Crawdaddy

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Fine with me!! Are we continuing here with the talk? I'm sure you'll post a link i fyou start a new thread. Maybe in "movies" since we're discussing films, not DVDs? Or polls? I never go into the poll threads :P

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I will start a new John Ford Film discussion thread in Movies and provide the link in this thread. I'll probably start the thread this weekend in order to give some of us a few days more to receive their boxset.

John,
Have you heard anything yet about your boxset? I wouldn't want to start without you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks