What's new

Joe Schmo 2 Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I laughed hardest when Joe Schmo and the bachelorette were painting each other's faces, then it cut to the stalker looking in the mirror and painting "Piper" on his forehead.

~T

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I think Ingrid's suspicions are killing the "female side" of the show -- Ambrosia and Cami are weak characters and without a good schmo, their comedy falls completely flat. However, I think Eleanor is the best of the bunch and is entirely believable.

Tim is a bit snarky, and he tends to repeat the same jokes over and over again... ("baskin robbins", "cruiser", etc.). He's a schmo, but far less likeable than M.K.G. from last season. At least someone is buying the premise, though --

I think "Bryce the Stalker" has single-handedly provided the biggest laughs of the season.

The schmos just aren't biting on the plot points. Ingrid's too smart and Tim's too oblivious, and thus neither have taken much bait from the producers.

I didn't really go for all the dumb speeches Ambrosia and Cami gave at the end of the third episode. (Ambrosia quoting song lyrics, Cami talking about "her box"). It's funny on paper, but not in delivery. And when Ingrid's standing there rolling her eyes, it becomes uncomfortable rather than amusing. The humor in this show arises mostly from someone someone both noticing AND believing the ridicuous premise. That's not happening here.

I think they should cut their losses, let Ingrid in on the joke, and rewrite her into the season. She's smart enough. That way they can really pull Tim along and end the season with a bang.

Love the show, though :D:wink:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I think Ambrosia was good until they told her to be bitchier. Agreed on Eleanor. Jessica Makinson is doing a great job with a character that would be easy to overplay.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
They should have kept the drunk and lost the boobs.

Gerald needs a bigger part as well.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
After watching tonight's episode I can say that this year is no where near as good as last years. It also seems to be getting too ridiculous and unbelievable. I think I may give it one more week and then I might stop watching.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
I didn't watch the first Joe Schmo so I can't make a comparison, but it is the over-the-top ridiculousness that is keeping me as a viewer. I love how they're stealing bits from a lot of other reality shows and making them even more absurd, seeing Ingrid and Tim react to the stupid dialog, and Tim trying his best to actually play the game. I couldn't believe he truthfully answered 'yes' to the "if Piper's dad got sucked into a turbine would you donate a kidney" question. And the falcon. You've gotta love the falcon :) I crack up every time they do a quick cut to the falcon.

Last night my roommate and I were thinking you could make a good drinking game to go along with Joe Schmo 2. Here are a couple items to get it started:

Drink once every time the the falcon appears on screen
Drink once every time the frog shows up
If there is a quick cut between both the falcon and the frog take another drink.
Drink once anytime a characters "personal descriptor" changes.

Any others?

Spoilerized for those who don't like to watch the teaser's for the next episode:

"It's a pity we all had to watch that.......on such a small screen." :laugh:

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I thought this was the best episode yet. They did a great job of getting the show back on track.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
OK guys, I hate to say it, but... I called it. :)

Yes, the show is back on track. Piper's father was hilarious (I like it when he told T.J. to "wipe that smirk off your face" - Tim was absolutely terrified).

While it's no Joe Schmo 1, last night's episode was the funniest of the season. It really makes you realize how much the humor depends on the marks "buying" the premise (or no one "not buying" it).

I'm still "ehhh" about Tim.

I don't have a clear bead on our "new schmo" yet, but her comment about Ingrid's "untrustworthiness" might have given a clue as to her personality. She also seemed to be buying Bryce's brilliant tantrum at the eviction. Next week should feature more of the women's side again (we didn't hear anything from Eleanor this time, and the over-acting Ambrosia is thankfully gone).

Thank god we haven't seen the last of Bryce. Damn, he's funny. :D

s

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Eleanor had a single line all episode. Also, wasn't this supposed to be 90 minutes?

But they did a great job of gettign things back on track. I called brining Ingird in, but didn't think about putting in a new mark. THe new one seems like a better type. Also, they seem to be establishing Ingrid as the new, more plausible bitch since they got rid of Ambrosia.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
One of the producers posted this at the televisionwithoutpity.com forums:

(MKM is Matt Kennedy Gould, the first Joe Schmo who was advertised last week)

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
What ever happened to "Meet My Folks"? :laugh:

I thought the father was great. Very believable. I agree about the "over-the-top"-ness being a bit much and too unbelievable but it makes for one hell of a funny ass show.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering what happened to Matt Kennedy Gould's appearance! I remembered it being advertised last week. I hope they'll show the 90-minute version.

I felt like Ingrid was being underused in this episode, after the reveal. That could just have been because it was focused more on the guys this time. It will be interesting to see how the new "mark" reacts to what's going on.

Best part of this episode was the reveal ("They told me you're a fucking bitch." :D:D:D) and the visit from mom & pop. Tim's reaction to the dad was so funny, he seemed really scared. :D

/Mike

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Good episode!:emoji_thumbsup: I thought the funniest part was when everyone else was trying to set Tim up at the dinner table to use his word. :D I still don't really like Tim though. Too much of a "no sir", "yes sir", laugh behind your back type. I miss MKG!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Piper's dad was awesome. Also anything involving Gerald or Bryce was priceless. I'd like to see the 'Producer's Cut.' Maybe they'll do a marathon with added footage.

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
Bryce at the eviction ceremony was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on tv. I missed the first couple episodes so I only knew about the hypnotizing thing from the video they played at dinner, but I sure am glad they showed that. "Mockingbird.... mockingbird... mockingbird". I literally couldn't breathe.

Someone mentioned this isn't the last we'll see of Bryce. Having not seen the first season and missing some of this season, I'm not sure exactly how the show plays out, but what indicates that Bryce will be back? I'd love to see it, and thought we'd probably see him sneaking around the grounds, showing up at date locations, etc., but is there somewhere that they said what he'd be up to?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
It felt like a lot was missing. That sucks about MKG and the 30 minutes of footage. In fact, this season seems to be less dense than its predecessor. Not as much is "going on"... Matt ALWAYS had a priceless reaction shot for every ridiculous twist they put to him.

"Whhhhatt is going ooonnn?"

s

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They've established him as a stalker. Stalkers always come back. That's what makes them stalkers.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
MKG is the best and is the main reason why this season cannot compare to the first (along with supporting deceivers like Hutch and Brian).

I'd definitely like to see the "director's cut" of this ep.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
What kind of network are they running there. They promise us a MKG appearance and a 90 minute episode and then decide that it'll run too late?!? Couldn't they have figured that out before running the promos? How on earth they could cut out a MKG appearance is beyond me. Bad call Spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks