What's new

Joe Schmo 2 Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I love Ralph's host character. I busted up just about every time he spoke. Bryce 'The Stalker' is great. I hope they keep him on for a while. I think this season is gonna be great.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I love Ralph's host character. I busted up just about every time he spoke. Bryce 'The Stalker' is great. I hope they keep him on for a while. I think this season is gonna be great.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I think Ralph's host is pretty good but I'd sure as hell hope that they managed to be sure not to get a Schmoe that had regularly watched the first season.

I'm pretty sure I'd spot Ralph.

The set is way too similar to the first show, including the eviction room with the show name on frosted glass.

Except for the stalker, I think the characters in the first season were better. I also think Matt was the perfect ruse, and the new pair aren't as interesting (well, there is one new 'pair' that is).

I can't see this topping the first one.

Ingrid is definitely sharp and suspicious. That could make things interesting...we'll have to see.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I think Ralph's host is pretty good but I'd sure as hell hope that they managed to be sure not to get a Schmoe that had regularly watched the first season.

I'm pretty sure I'd spot Ralph.

The set is way too similar to the first show, including the eviction room with the show name on frosted glass.

Except for the stalker, I think the characters in the first season were better. I also think Matt was the perfect ruse, and the new pair aren't as interesting (well, there is one new 'pair' that is).

I can't see this topping the first one.

Ingrid is definitely sharp and suspicious. That could make things interesting...we'll have to see.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
For anyone interested, DVD talk has a review of the first seasons 'uncensored' dvds.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
For anyone interested, DVD talk has a review of the first seasons 'uncensored' dvds.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I wondered if it was the same guy, then I guess Ihate the Character and the bad accents.

B

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I wondered if it was the same guy, then I guess Ihate the Character and the bad accents.

B

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They obviouslly didn't learnt heir lesson about models from the first season. That model in the pool game in season one almost blew it and the one in the first eviction here did the same. They really need to coach them better or use all actors.

The overacting didn't get them last season as Matt wasn't suspicious by nature.

Ingrid does seem to have a suspicious nature and I think the overacting and rehearsed feel are going to get them this time.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think the guy might be suspicious too because he was laughing a lot during the eviction.

~T

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I'd have been laughing at all those pearl necklace jokes too.

Ingrid's smart & on the ball, but I suspect they're playing up the whole "truman show" line for the hype - she's on a reality TV show with cameras following her all day long, of course it's going to feel like the Truman Show. I think it'll force them to tone down the "forced" lines & let the actors, well, act just like they did in the first series.

Thought it was a great start.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I loved it, of course. :)

I too think they're playing up the "feels like The Truman Show" bit. Remember matt last year said some things they felt were indicating he was on to them, but he didn't suspect that it was all a setup. I think Ingrid MIGHT be thinking that some of the other participants have been coached in what to say or something, but I still doubt she'd suspect it's all fake.

Garman as the host is even more over the top this season, I laughed out loud several times during his performances. "Your neck is bare, like your place in Austin's heart":D:D:D. Too bad his weird accent keeps drifting in and out.

Too bad they lost the drunk so quickly (but she did get a little too drunk a little too quickly). I wish they'd have more people on longer.

The only thing that sort of bothers me about this season is that they are doing a dating show. It has the potential of getting more emotional, and I don't want them to mess with "Joe and Jane" too much. Then again, they might just make sure that they won't like the bachelor and bachelorette very much. :)

/Mike

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
"The Falcon has spoken!" :)

I had no idea that this was coming up, but managed to catch the replay of ep.1 on Friday. Somehow I just don't see it being as funny as the first one, but we'll see how it develops. I guess the characters on the first one just worked so well that it'll be hard to repeat.

They mention on their website that neither of the Schmoes saw or knew anything about the original show, so that could explain why nobody recognizes the host.

Incredibly over the top though-you're probably right that they're playing up the Ingrid thing, but I think it'd be cool if she figured it out, and they let her in on the whole thing.

Of course, I also think it'd be great if the whole thing was just a joke on the audience this time.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
"The Falcon has spoken!" :)

I had no idea that this was coming up, but managed to catch the replay of ep.1 on Friday. Somehow I just don't see it being as funny as the first one, but we'll see how it develops. I guess the characters on the first one just worked so well that it'll be hard to repeat.

They mention on their website that neither of the Schmoes saw or knew anything about the original show, so that could explain why nobody recognizes the host.

Incredibly over the top though-you're probably right that they're playing up the Ingrid thing, but I think it'd be cool if she figured it out, and they let her in on the whole thing.

Of course, I also think it'd be great if the whole thing was just a joke on the audience this time.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised no one recognized the actor who plays "The Playa" from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Then again, I'm probably the only one who ever watched the show.

Johnathan Torrens as the "maybe gay guy". Everyone here in Canada knows who he is.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised no one recognized the actor who plays "The Playa" from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Then again, I'm probably the only one who ever watched the show.

Johnathan Torrens as the "maybe gay guy". Everyone here in Canada knows who he is.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I recognized Jonathan Torrens right away... he's had his own show on CBC, and he plays J-ROC in The Trailer Park Boys, which may not be all THAT popular, but I still felt it a bit risky of them to cast him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks