What's new

Joe Millionaire (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
If Evan ain't a millionaire now then he will be after the show. I guarantee someone picks him up for a movie or TV show. If the "winner" really thought about it then she will realize that her dream of marrying a rich man is still possible.

This makes the possibility of the "winner" choosing to remain with Evan more viable.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I doubt it, and even if someone did, he won't make millions off of it. Look at the "Survivor" faces, who no doubt had more exposure than "Joe", the ones that still are in the media do it small-time.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Evan's not a millionaire, but he's no slouch. He was a former clothing and underwear model, and construction workers in Cali. say it's BS about making $19K because the minimum there is $42K. So maybe the joke is on the women and the viewers.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
You guys can be very wrong with the amount of money he makes. My older brothers friend is similiar to this guy. He is trying to get into acting, but does construction work. He barely makes anything, but has been on soaps and TV Shows. His old beat up car is actually in one of the Matrix sequels when they were filming in Northern Cali. They even interviewed that Joe Millionaire guy and he was saying how the modeling paid him around $1500. He mentioned with the type of money he made, how could he pass that up. He is not a crane operator, or any of those specialized people. He is just an average worker. Though I could imagine he could be lying, but that's when he was being interviewed on the local Fox news channel.

Kevin*R

Agent
Read somewhere that Evan moved away from home until "the money ran out." At 22yrs, he went back to VA where his dad is a VP of a financial institute. There is a blurry indication of money.

I was noticing last night that the butler has more of an Australian accent than an English.

Evan is picking off the obvious gold-diggers but everyone is also noticing the women that men die for are also dropping off (Dana). Maybe the selection process is happening fast so the women don't catch on too quickly.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Skilled construction workers make many times more than $19,000 a year, especially if they're in Orange County where Evan mentioned he worked. $19,000 is low even for a new guy with no skill whatsoever. I have a feeling that we the audience are in for a surprise, just as the girls are.

On the whole I think Evan has done a good job with the selection as my strong top two and my weaker third made this most recent cut.

As far as the women go, my views seem to mirror those of others.

Zora is the best one, in my opinion. She seems to be quite genuine, have the best attitude, and is quite attractive.

Alison is a very close second in my book. She seems honest, smart, and is the most beautiful of all the women in my opinion.

Melissa M was my distant third choice, but I'm becoming less and less impressed with her. She's attractive with her hair and smile, but she seems a bit twofaced.

Sarah seems okay.

I don't like Mojo at all.

By the way, I love trash television!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I agree, 19K has to be wrong in some sort of fasion.

Zora, Alison and Mellissa are my picks as well. Don't care for the other 2. Liked Heidi's look, but she seems to be in it for the $$$.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone really buy Heidi being 24 and MoJo being 25? I think those numbers are inverted. As far as twists go, remember this is Fox. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the finalists were former men.

Am I the only Sarah fan? Classic good looks and a good attitude. Zora is a great pick too, but that crack about roaches in her apartment was a real turnoff

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I want to see how they went through picking the girls who would be on the show. I think that would be so much more interesting. You guys give too much credit to what people are willing to work for if they don't have anything else to fall back on. There are sooo many struggling actors/models in Southern California that I am not surprised at all the hear how much he makes. Of course Fox probably does have something up their sleeve. But then the Local Fox News interviewed him. How could they also lie on there as well about some of the shows plot. I just can't wait till the final episodes. I wonder if he picks looks or personality?

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Actually, I'd bet the butler is Kiwi, not Aussie.

Zora, Allison & Melissa were my three picks so I congratulate him on picking them but geeeeyad, he's as dumb as a stump.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"He's really let himself go since Crocodile Dundee fame." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Evan seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I concur that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Evan seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I concur that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I know, unbelievable how that came accross so quickly in as little as two episodes :eek:
I read in the NY Daily news last week end that some friend of his said that a tons of women would walk to him bars, but after a few minutes they would be like "never mind" - guy can't hold a conversation. Of course, such articles often carry the credibility of a tabloid paper.
For someone with such great looks to not have made it successfully in showbiz so far definitly is an indication of unusual dumbness.
--
Holadem

DeeF

Screenwriter
The haircut doesn't help Evan's image. It sticks out on both sides like Bozo the Clown.

He's an attractive guy, quite dumb, but I don't think any of the women are really very good. They're all older, or dumber, or odder, in some way. These clearly are women who can't get a husband in the normal way.

It's funny, but everybody on this show is B quality in comparison to The Bachelor(ette), kinda like a Fox show versus an ABC show.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"I don't think any of the women are really very good. They're all older, or dumber, or odder, in some way. These clearly are women who can't get a husband in the normal way.

It's funny, but everybody on this show is B quality in comparison to The Bachelor(ette), kinda like a Fox show versus an ABC show."

I actually have the opposite opinion. Most of the women in the first two Bachelor shows (I guess I'm a trash TV junkie!) were not particularly physically attractive in my opinion, and, for lack of a better word and pardon the pun, losers. They had the age factor going for them (i.e. young), but that's about it. Most of the women in Joe Millionaire, on the other hand, are quite attractive, have good heads on their shoulders, educated, and have actual careers. They are, however, quite a bit older. In my opinion, not only are they too old for Evan, but too intelligent as well.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Well, I think Evan finally made a mistake my dumping Alison instead of Zora tonight. Once Alison opened up to him, they had the most intimate of coversations out of all of the girls.

I think Zora was just as shocked that she was staying.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was amazed he took zora over allison. allison was drop dead georgous at the end of the show.

she didn't appear to be only after the money at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks