What's new

Joan Crawford -- Volume 2 Coming Feb. 12 From Warners (1 Viewer)

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator
I have now watched the movies and i liked them all. She was very sexy in "Sadie Mckee" and I loved her Adrian outfits. I hope the set sell's well for a vol.3. If they can release "Torch Song" & "Trog" they sure can release "The Bride Wore Red", "I Live My Life" "Our Dancing Daughters" "Susan And God" and so on.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I will be posting a forum review for this title, but I have a few more titles in the hopper to get through before I can start on it. In the mean time, I now have it in-hand and can answer any questions you may have about it.

Regards,

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
So there will be no individual releases of this set? All I wanted was A Woman's Face so that stinks if true.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So no original artwork for each title. I've gone right off this set. One of the things I love is original film poster art but if this is how Warner will be doing their box sets in future then I'm afraid I will be buying a lot less of them.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Mine's on the way, I can't wait for it. I've seen them all already but am really looking forward to revisiting them on dvd as SADIE MCKEE is my favorite from her shopgirl era and FLAMINGO ROAD is my favorite from the post- MILDRED PIERCE Warner era.

Have you REALLY gone off the set just because there isn't original artwork? To each his own I guess, but I thought the beaver review confirmed that they will be available individually (which would say original artwork on the individual releases to me) Has something changed that I have (again) missed?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It is packaged in a digipack with a slipcover that is clear except for some logos and text that matte over the box art neatly. It looks almost exactly like the Katharine Hepburn 100th Anniversary Collection from last year. Digipacks seem to be the way Warner is going when the have a box set where individual titles are not available separately.

If your passion for original promotional art still must be sated, the main menu screens for each film are created from vintage poster art.

Regards,

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

The film is the main thing of course. If I felt that must have all or some of the films in a box set then I would buy it regardless of the artwork. However, in this case I am not sure that I want every film in the collection but if the set had been packaged with original artwork, that would have pushed me over the edge to buy it, as it has done with many other Warner Bros box sets. I just love having all those DVDs with original artwork to look at on my shelves.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Probably because too many unwanted individual movies were showing up used. (like Fox putting black stickers over the UPCs of items in sets)

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking at dvdempire.com and...um....

Im sure there must be something wrong. Vol.1 has been around for 3 years and vol.2 is comming in 1 day...and vol.2 has sold more than vol.1!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks