What's new

Joan Crawford gets her hypo-gun (1 Viewer)

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator
I would be very happy if "Ice Folies" would be in a Stewart set, and "Reunion In France" in John Wayne set.

"Letty Lynton" would ofcorse be the ultimate orgasm of all Joan Crawford fans

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Junior, I think Reunion in France will be in the Wayne set, since WB doesn't have more than 6 titles "never realesed on dvd".

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I would like to have "BERSERK" on a double bill with "TROG".
I am not sure if that is WARNERS or not.
Also, the unknown film "DELLA" with Diane Baker....................

Corey

Screenwriter

Berserk is a Columbia film, but they 5 of her films that could make a set:

-They All Kissed the Bride
-The Story of Esther Costello
-Berserk!
-Autumn Leaves
-Harriet Craig

Corey

Screenwriter
I had no idea Joan Crawford had did pre-codes. Dance, Fools, Dance and Our Modern Maidens were under the Forbidden Hollywood banner on VHS, so it'll only be a matter of time till we see these gems.

Corey

Screenwriter
Joan Crawford has a lot of titles in the top 100 that people have voted for to get onto dvd.

-The Shining Hour #82
-Letty Lynton #18**
-Strange Cargo #52**
-Torch Song #71**
-Above Suspicion #82
-Mannequin #88
-Sadie McKee #68**
-A Woman's Face #63**
-The Bride Wore Red #83
-Susan and God #77**
-Love on the Run #89
-Paid #93
-Our Dancing Daughters #74**
-Chained #82
-I Live My Life #80
-Forsaking All Others #72**
-The Gorgeous Hussy #86
-Laughing Sinners #92
-Dance, Fools, Dance #96
-When Ladies Meet #91
-No More Ladies #85
-The Last of Mrs. Cheney #83

** means the most voted on titles.

Corey

Screenwriter
TCM today showed restored prints of Harriet Craig and Autumn Leaves. I do hope that this means that they'll be released in the near future.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Don't bet on it - Columbia/Sony has all but quit issuing such old catalog titles on DVD. They may have new masters of them, but they are only seen on TCM and such channels. They showed a widescreen THE GODDESS earlier this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a DVD release. Too bad... I'd love it and many other such films in anamorphic widescreen on DVD. Amazing such titles as QUEEN BEE came out in such a format from 2000-2003 when Columbia/Sony seemed to be excavating their library to issue tons of classic titles onto DVD. I mean, one month a bunch of Judy Holliday films came out, like THE MARRYING KIND, THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC and IT SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOU. Wanna bet the other films they own will never be on DVD, such as PHFFFT and FULL OF LIFE? Catch them on TCM.

DavidBC

Second Unit
Sony could put together a pretty swell Crawford box set of Autumn Leaves, Harriet Craig, The Story of Esther Costello, & Berserk! They could throw in the already released Queen Bee and Strait-Jacket at a decent price, too.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

I hope so - they have a few that I really would like to get - HARRIET CRAIG and PHFFFT among them.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
IMO The Shining Hour should be released in the next Camp box set - because the film just has to be seen to be believed.

Corey

Screenwriter

They could also include the 1942 film, They All Kissed the Bride with Melvyn Douglas. I would actually like if they included the 2 previous released films since I don't own them. Here's hoping on this and a Rita Hayworth collection.

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
TSH truly borders on camp. the first time i saw it , i was like okay typical MGM crawford vehicle, but when joan goes into firefighter mode and that whole sequence with the bandaged face at the end ..i went did i see what i thought i saw?:laugh:

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Bits and pieces from the latest MoviesUnlimited Q & A. Whether these predictions come true or not, we shall see sooner or later :)

Sony is currently considering putting out Harriet Craig (1950) on a double feature with the earlier version of the story, Craig’s Wife (1936), so you’ll be able to compare whether Crawford or Rosalind Russell rendered the more contemptible character.

The rest of news at:
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musit..._06_080507.asp

Corey

Screenwriter
That's excellent news about the Harriet Craig double feature. After it was shown on Friday, a lot people started voting for its DVD release.

#29 Autumn Leaves/865 votes (up 64 votes!!, up 5 spots)

Corey

Screenwriter
Warners still hasn't decided if they want to use Forsaking All Others or Sadie McKee as the 5th title in Crawford V2.

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator

They are letting us wait becuse of that?! ghaaaaaaa

just throw in one of them and include the other in a vol 3 collection. if they plan to release one, wich they are probably not

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks